- 28 min ago Toyota Innova Crysta Price Increase Announced: 2 Percent Price Hike Effective From August
- 15 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- Sports Rahul Dravid backs Sanju Samson, young batsmen after T20I series defeat to Sri Lanka
- Movies Maera Misshra Is In Talks For Bigg Boss OTT; Splitsvilla 11 Fame Asks People To Stop Calling Her Adhyayan’s Ex
- News CBSE Class 12 results to be announced at 2 pm
- Finance New IT Portal Received Over 25 Lakh ITRs, Allocated Over 7.90 Lakh e-PANs & More: Check Report
- Technology Garena Free Fire Redeem Codes For Today Brings Underground Howl Loot Crate, Weapons, More
- Education MBOSE HSSLC Result 2021: Meghalaya Board 12th Result Link And Download Marksheet
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Two Stunning Outfits: Which Look Do You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Renault introduced their first compact-SUV, the Kiger in the Indian market last month. The Renault Kiger compact-SUV offering retails at a starting price of a little below Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, almost a month after its launch, the company has revealed that they have registered 3,226 units of compact-SUV during the month of February 2021. The Renault Kiger has managed to receive a good response in the market, especially considering the demand and level of competition in the segment it is positioned.
At the end of February 2021, the Renault Kiger has already managed to slot itself as the fifth best-selling compact-SUV in the Indian market. It has also managed to outsell its cousin, the Nissan Magnite which is positioned lower down in eighth on the top-10 list.
|Rank||Model||February 2021||February 2020||Growth (%)|
|1||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,585||6,866||69|
|9||Toyota Urban Cruiser||2,549||0||-|
The Renault Kiger slots below the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet and the Tata Nexon, occupying the top-4 slots on the list, respectively. The Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Venue are closely positioned registering 11,585 units and 11,224 units, respectively. The Kia Sonet is third with 7,997 units while the Tata Nexon has registered a 104 per cent yearly growth to record 7,929 units of sales last month.
The Renault Kiger has also managed to overtake the likes of other popular SUVs in the segment, such as the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. The Nissan Magnite has, however, managed to beat the sales of the Toyota Urban Cruiser (rebadged Maruti Vitara Brezza) in ninth, while the Honda WR-V finishes the top-10 list.
Both the Renault Kiger and the Nissan Magnite are powered by the same engine. These come in the form of a 1.0-litre NA petrol and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit, paired with multiple manual and automatic gearbox choices. We've driven the Renault Kiger at the time of launch — here are our first impressions of the compact-SUV offering.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Sales In The Indian Market
The Renault Kiger seems to have gotten off to a flying start. With deliveries for the compact-SUV now in full swing, we expect the Kiger to further improve on its sales figures, which could even displace some of its more established rivals in the segment.