- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 12 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 16 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- News PM to address UNGA, to hold first face-to-face meeting with President Biden
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Renault has announced the start of series production of its upcoming Kiger compact-SUV for the Indian market. The new Renault Kiger SUV was globally unveiled in India late last month and is scheduled to go on sale sometime in March 2021.
Bookings for the compact-SUV are expected to begin in the coming weeks, with deliveries for the same said to commence immediately post-launch. The Renault Kiger has already started arriving at dealership yards as well, indicating the start of test drives very soon.
The new Renault Kiger will be manufactured at the French carmaker's facility in Chennai. The production of the Kiger will take place alongside the likes of the Renault Kwid, Renault Triber and the Nissan Magnite; all of which use the same CMF-A+ platform.
India will be the first market for the Renault Kiger compact-SUV. The carmaker is also expected to export the B-SUV offering to other international markets, at a later stage. This is similar to the plans of its cousin, the Nissan Magnite.
The Renault Kiger carries forward a striking design, carrying forward most of the styling elements from its concept version. The compact-SUV also carries forward a host of features, both inside and out; making it an extremely attractive and value-for-money proposition.
Talking about the value-for-money, the new Kiger is expected to be offered in a price range similar to the Nissan Magnite. The new Renault Kiger is said to have an expected starting price of Rs 5.5 lakh, ex-showroom and could also undercut the Nissan Magnite.
Powering the Renault Kiger will be the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol engine from the Triber. This engine produces 72bhp and 96Nm of peak torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
There will also be an optional 1.0-litre turbo-petrol version churning out 100bhp and 160Nm of peak torque. This will also be mated to the same five-speed manual, but will also receive an optional AMT automatic transmission choice as well.
Thoughts On The New Renault Kiger Commencing Production
The Renault Kiger will be the brand's latest offering in the Indian market and the first compact-SUV model as well. The Kiger will be entering a highly competitive segment, taking on rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.