- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- News JNU allows final-year MPhil students on campus
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Global Variant To Use Snapdragon 678 SoC
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Renault has announced the start of series production of its upcoming Kiger compact-SUV for the Indian market. The new Renault Kiger SUV was globally unveiled in India late last month and is scheduled to go on sale sometime in March 2021.
Bookings for the compact-SUV are expected to begin in the coming weeks, with deliveries for the same said to commence immediately post-launch. The Renault Kiger has already started arriving at dealership yards as well, indicating the start of test drives very soon.
The new Renault Kiger will be manufactured at the French carmaker's facility in Chennai. The production of the Kiger will take place alongside the likes of the Renault Kwid, Renault Triber and the Nissan Magnite; all of which use the same CMF-A+ platform.
India will be the first market for the Renault Kiger compact-SUV. The carmaker is also expected to export the B-SUV offering to other international markets, at a later stage. This is similar to the plans of its cousin, the Nissan Magnite.
The Renault Kiger carries forward a striking design, carrying forward most of the styling elements from its concept version. The compact-SUV also carries forward a host of features, both inside and out; making it an extremely attractive and value-for-money proposition.
Talking about the value-for-money, the new Kiger is expected to be offered in a price range similar to the Nissan Magnite. The new Renault Kiger is said to have an expected starting price of Rs 5.5 lakh, ex-showroom and could also undercut the Nissan Magnite.
Powering the Renault Kiger will be the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol engine from the Triber. This engine produces 72bhp and 96Nm of peak torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
There will also be an optional 1.0-litre turbo-petrol version churning out 100bhp and 160Nm of peak torque. This will also be mated to the same five-speed manual, but will also receive an optional AMT automatic transmission choice as well.
Thoughts On The New Renault Kiger Commencing Production
The Renault Kiger will be the brand's latest offering in the Indian market and the first compact-SUV model as well. The Kiger will be entering a highly competitive segment, taking on rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.