- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Renault has announced the start of series production of its upcoming Kiger compact-SUV for the Indian market. The new Renault Kiger SUV was globally unveiled in India late last month and is scheduled to go on sale sometime in March 2021.
Bookings for the compact-SUV are expected to begin in the coming weeks, with deliveries for the same said to commence immediately post-launch. The Renault Kiger has already started arriving at dealership yards as well, indicating the start of test drives very soon.
The new Renault Kiger will be manufactured at the French carmaker's facility in Chennai. The production of the Kiger will take place alongside the likes of the Renault Kwid, Renault Triber and the Nissan Magnite; all of which use the same CMF-A+ platform.
India will be the first market for the Renault Kiger compact-SUV. The carmaker is also expected to export the B-SUV offering to other international markets, at a later stage. This is similar to the plans of its cousin, the Nissan Magnite.
The Renault Kiger carries forward a striking design, carrying forward most of the styling elements from its concept version. The compact-SUV also carries forward a host of features, both inside and out; making it an extremely attractive and value-for-money proposition.
Talking about the value-for-money, the new Kiger is expected to be offered in a price range similar to the Nissan Magnite. The new Renault Kiger is said to have an expected starting price of Rs 5.5 lakh, ex-showroom and could also undercut the Nissan Magnite.
Powering the Renault Kiger will be the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol engine from the Triber. This engine produces 72bhp and 96Nm of peak torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
There will also be an optional 1.0-litre turbo-petrol version churning out 100bhp and 160Nm of peak torque. This will also be mated to the same five-speed manual, but will also receive an optional AMT automatic transmission choice as well.
Thoughts On The New Renault Kiger Commencing Production
The Renault Kiger will be the brand's latest offering in the Indian market and the first compact-SUV model as well. The Kiger will be entering a highly competitive segment, taking on rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.