- 14 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 16 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- News Good news for Indian IT professionals: US to conduct 2nd lottery for H-1B visa
- Sports Tokyo 2020: MP Jabir finishes seventh in 400M hurdles heats; fails to qualify
- Movies Shilpa Shetty Files Rs 25 Crore Defamation Suit Against Media Houses For Maligning Her Image
- Education SEBA Result 2021: Check Assam HSLC Result 2021 Link And Download Marksheet
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy With Upside Potential of 17%, Says ICICI Direct
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Her Two Stunning Outfits; Which Look Did You Like More
- Technology List Of Best Smartphones Launched In July Month 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Renault recently launched the much-awaited Kiger compact-SUV in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 5.45 lakh for the base and the top-spec RXZ X-Tronic CVT variant retails at Rs 9.55 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The company also started accepting bookings across India for a token amount of Rs 11,000. However, deliveries for the Kiger will begin on 3 March 2021 at dealerships across the country.
The Renault Kiger compact SUV is offered in a total of four variants: RXE, RXL, RXT, and RXZ. The Kiger will also be offered in six exterior colours: Ice Cool White, Planet Grey, Moonlight Grey, Mahogany Brown, Caspian Blue and Radiant Red. All these colours are offered as a dual-tone paint scheme option as well. The dual-tone paint scheme offered on the compact-SUV attracts a premium of Rs 17,000 over the single tone scheme.
India will be the first market for the Renault Kiger compact-SUV. The new Renault Kiger will be manufactured at the French carmaker's facility in Chennai. The production of the Kiger will take place alongside the likes of the Renault Kwid, Renault Triber and the Nissan Magnite; all of which use the same CMF-A+ platform.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger will be offered with a couple of engine and transmission options. This includes 1.0-litre (NA) Naturally-Aspirated petrol and turbo-petrol units. The NA engine produces 72bhp of power and a peak torque of 96Nm and it comes mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic. On the other hand, the powerful turbo-petrol unit pumps out 100bhp of power and a peak torque of 160Nm and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Compact SUV
The Renault Kiger has been priced very aggressively and the company is hoping for excellent sales figures coming from the Kiger due to the increase in demand for SUVs, turbo-petrol units and automatic transmissions. The Kiger is now the most affordable SUV in the segment and goes up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300 and the Toyota Urban Cruiser In India.