- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 3 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Movies Aditya Seal On His Wedding Plans With Girlfriend Anushka Ranjan: There Is A Lot To Achieve And Prove
- Finance OCI Card: Renewal Rules Of OCI Cards Relaxed
- News Monsoon to be normal this season, says government
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca and Madrid wary of Haaland price
- Technology Vi Pays Remaining Licence Fee To DoT After Show-Cause Notice
- Education ICSE, ISC Exam 2021: CISCE Reconsiders Class 10, 12 Board Exam Dates, Check Details
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
Renault recently launched the much-awaited Kiger compact-SUV in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 5.45 lakh for the base and the top-spec RXZ X-Tronic CVT variant retails at Rs 9.55 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The company also started accepting bookings across India for a token amount of Rs 11,000. However, deliveries for the Kiger will begin on 3 March 2021 at dealerships across the country.
The Renault Kiger compact SUV is offered in a total of four variants: RXE, RXL, RXT, and RXZ. The Kiger will also be offered in six exterior colours: Ice Cool White, Planet Grey, Moonlight Grey, Mahogany Brown, Caspian Blue and Radiant Red. All these colours are offered as a dual-tone paint scheme option as well. The dual-tone paint scheme offered on the compact-SUV attracts a premium of Rs 17,000 over the single tone scheme.
India will be the first market for the Renault Kiger compact-SUV. The new Renault Kiger will be manufactured at the French carmaker's facility in Chennai. The production of the Kiger will take place alongside the likes of the Renault Kwid, Renault Triber and the Nissan Magnite; all of which use the same CMF-A+ platform.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger will be offered with a couple of engine and transmission options. This includes 1.0-litre (NA) Naturally-Aspirated petrol and turbo-petrol units. The NA engine produces 72bhp of power and a peak torque of 96Nm and it comes mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic. On the other hand, the powerful turbo-petrol unit pumps out 100bhp of power and a peak torque of 160Nm and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Compact SUV
The Renault Kiger has been priced very aggressively and the company is hoping for excellent sales figures coming from the Kiger due to the increase in demand for SUVs, turbo-petrol units and automatic transmissions. The Kiger is now the most affordable SUV in the segment and goes up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300 and the Toyota Urban Cruiser In India.