- 12 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Cars In India For March 2021: Only Two Manufacturers Dominate The List
- 17 hrs ago Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- 17 hrs ago Bajaj CT110X Launched In India Priced At Rs 55,494: The Rugged Commuter Is Here!
- 18 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increased: Electric Scooter Bookings Closed Again In India
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 7 Box Office Collection: Pawan Kalyan Starrer Creates A New Record!
- Technology Samsung Summer Fest 2021: Discounts On Samsung Tablets
- Sports IPL: If I play the match 100 times, I would not take that single: Samson on denying Morris against PBKS
- News UK PM Boris Johnson's India visit to finalise 'Roadmap 2030' for re-energised India-UK ties
- Finance Ola Money: How to use it?
- Education NEET PG 2021 Exam Postponed Amid Surge In Covid Cases
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi And Nushrat Bharucha’s Stylish High Ponytails Are The Cutest Hairstyles To Rock With Mini Dresses
Renault has announced the start of sales and deliveries for its newly launched Kiger compact-SUV in the Indian market. The company also announced the delivery of 110 units of the Kiger SUV to their respective customers across India on the first day of sales commencement.
The Renault Kiger went on sale in India on the 15th of February. The compact-SUV offering from the French carmaker is offered in a range of four main variants: RXE, RXL, RXT and RXZ. Prices for the new sub-4-metre SUV starts from Rs 5.45 lakh and goes all the way to Rs 9.55 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Renault Kiger is based on the CMFA+ platform, which also underpins the latest-iteration Kwid, as well as the Triber MPV in the brand's lineup. The Kiger SUV comes powered by two petrol engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre NA and 1.0-litre turbo-petrol units.
The 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine produces 76bhp and 91Nm of peak torque. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed gearbox as standard. The NA petrol comes with an optional AMT transmission while the turbo-petrol engine receives a CVT gearbox choice as well.
Venkatram Mamillapalle, Country CEO & MD, Renault India Operations said
"With Kiger, Renault has successfully launched yet another breakthrough product, targeted at the core of Indian's automotive market. We thank our customers for their encouraging response on Kiger and our dealer partners for their immense support."
He further added, "Following Duster, which made SUVs accessible to a large set of people, not just in India but across the world, Renault Kiger is all set to make SUV aspirations accessible to a whole new set of customers. We look forward to welcoming more customers into the Renault family with this new game-changer."
The Renault Kiger is positioned below the brand's Duster offering in the SUV segment. The Kiger is manufactured locally with India being its first market, before being exported to other countries in the future. The Renault Kiger takes on the likes of the Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Kia Sonet and the Hyundai Venue; among others.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Deliveries Pan-India
The Renault Kiger has gotten off to a flying start in terms of sales in the Indian market. With deliveries now having begun, it will be interesting to see how the Kiger will disrupt the competitive SUV segment in the Indian market.