- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Sports Elite Women's National Boxing Championships: World medallists Manju Rani and Jamuna Boro storm into semis
- Movies Salman Khan Urges Fans To Watch Sooryavanshi, Satyameva Jayate 2 And Bunty Aur Babli 2 In Theatres
- News Assembly bypolls: EC show-cause notice to Assam CM for violation of poll code
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
The Tata Altroz has overtaken the Hyundai i20 in terms of sales numbers for the first time since its introduction in the Indian Market. This is despite the fact that the current Hyundai i20 is the latest car among the two. By selling 6,649 units, the Tata Altroz has become the country's second-highest-selling premium hatchback in the month of April 2021.
In the month of April 2021, the Indian market witnessed a decline in car sales across all segments due to the second wave of the pandemic and the lockdowns and curfews associated with it. It was the Hyundai i20 that suffered the highest decline of sales in its segment by selling just 5,002 units in April 2021 compared to 9,045 units sold in March 2021.
The Tata Altroz too saw a decline in sales. However, it was one of the lowest declines in sales at just -12%, just behind Ford's Freestyle at -8%. However, it was Honda's Jazz that saw an increase in sales by selling 830 units in April 2021 compared to just 707 units in March 2021.
Despite being the country's favourite premium hatchback, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno also saw a decline in sales by selling 16,384 units in April 2021 compared to 21,217 units sold in March 2021, which accounts for an almost 23% decline in MoM sales.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno's twin – Toyota Glanza – also suffered a near-identical 27% decline in sales by selling just 2,182 units. The imposed lockdown has even affected the sales of Volkswagen Polo as it saw a sales decline of almost 37%.
Thoughts On Tata Altroz Selling More Than The Hyundai i20
The Tata Altroz is one of the safest hatchbacks money can buy. This, when combined with its long list of features sets it apart from the competition. Premium hatchback sales in India have certainly been affected, but the Tata Altroz has proven to be competent even during these times.