- 11 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 15 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 18 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 19 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
The Chief Designer of Tata Motors, Pratap Bose has resigned from his post in the company. Pratap Bose is responsible for designing many successful cars in the brand's portfolio. The company states that Pratap is currently serving his notice period.
An internal memo was circulated earlier this week within the Tata Group states, "Pratap Bose has decided to leave for better opportunities. He will proceed on leave for his remainder of (his) tenure."
Martin Uhlarik, Head of UK Design Centre, Tata Motors will be taking over duties from Pratap Bose in the company. Mr Uhlarik has now been appointed as the Head of Design, Tata Motors with immediate effect.
Pratap Bose was responsible for designing some of the important cars from the brand. This includes the Tiago, Tigor, Nexon, Harrier, Altroz and the all-new Safari. The upcoming cars such as the HBX has also been developed under his guidance.
These Tata cars are responsible for a total turnaround of the brand's car design. The Tiago started the revolution with a fresh design from the brand. The design had a more impact when the brand launched its first compact SUV, the Tata Nexon.
The Hexa is another revolutionary model from the brand that took a rugged approach to the MPV's design. However, with the launch of Harrier and its split-style front fascia, the SUV stood apart from its segment rivals in the market.
The same was repeated with the launch of the Altroz, which also had a fresh design as compared to the crop of premium hatchbacks present at the time of its launch.
Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors, said, "I am delighted to announce the appointment of Martin Uhlarik as the new Global Design Head of Tata Motors. Martin is an experienced automobile designer with deep domain knowledge of design, keen understanding of international trends and extensive operational experience with leading automobile companies in several geographies."
He further added, "His rich experience and expertise will inspire our teams to further enhance our vehicle design philosophy and language. I take this opportunity to also thank Pratap for his services and wish him the best for the future."
Thoughts About The Pratap Bose Resigning As Tata Motors Design Head
Pratap Bose was responsible for the brand's exceptional design turn around of its cars. Over the years, Tata Motors introduced a host of vehicles that have been designed under his guidance. The peak of Pratap's design came with the introduction of the Nexon, Harrier and the Altroz in the market.