- 17 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 23 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News Double mutant variant B.1.617 found in 22 per cent cases in samples sent by PGIMER
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Sports Nadal overcomes Djokovic to seal 10th Internazionali d'Italia title
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
The Chief Designer of Tata Motors, Pratap Bose has resigned from his post in the company. Pratap Bose is responsible for designing many successful cars in the brand's portfolio. The company states that Pratap is currently serving his notice period.
An internal memo was circulated earlier this week within the Tata Group states, "Pratap Bose has decided to leave for better opportunities. He will proceed on leave for his remainder of (his) tenure."
Martin Uhlarik, Head of UK Design Centre, Tata Motors will be taking over duties from Pratap Bose in the company. Mr Uhlarik has now been appointed as the Head of Design, Tata Motors with immediate effect.
Pratap Bose was responsible for designing some of the important cars from the brand. This includes the Tiago, Tigor, Nexon, Harrier, Altroz and the all-new Safari. The upcoming cars such as the HBX has also been developed under his guidance.
These Tata cars are responsible for a total turnaround of the brand's car design. The Tiago started the revolution with a fresh design from the brand. The design had a more impact when the brand launched its first compact SUV, the Tata Nexon.
The Hexa is another revolutionary model from the brand that took a rugged approach to the MPV's design. However, with the launch of Harrier and its split-style front fascia, the SUV stood apart from its segment rivals in the market.
The same was repeated with the launch of the Altroz, which also had a fresh design as compared to the crop of premium hatchbacks present at the time of its launch.
Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors, said, "I am delighted to announce the appointment of Martin Uhlarik as the new Global Design Head of Tata Motors. Martin is an experienced automobile designer with deep domain knowledge of design, keen understanding of international trends and extensive operational experience with leading automobile companies in several geographies."
He further added, "His rich experience and expertise will inspire our teams to further enhance our vehicle design philosophy and language. I take this opportunity to also thank Pratap for his services and wish him the best for the future."
Thoughts About The Pratap Bose Resigning As Tata Motors Design Head
Pratap Bose was responsible for the brand's exceptional design turn around of its cars. Over the years, Tata Motors introduced a host of vehicles that have been designed under his guidance. The peak of Pratap's design came with the introduction of the Nexon, Harrier and the Altroz in the market.