- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
German luxury carmaker Porsche has launched the all electric Taycan in India. Prices for the Porsche Taycan EV start at Rs 1,50,28,000. Porsche has bought both the Taycan and Taycan Cross Turismo models to India.
Speaking at the Launch of the Porsche Taycan, Manolito Vujicic, Brand Head for Porsche India, reiterated the German carmaker's commitment to India. Vujicic also revealed that order books for the Taycan are now open with deliveries due to start early next year.
The all-new Porsche Taycan is the first fully electric vehicle from the German carmaker best known for the 911 sports car. The Taycan is available in four guises - Taycan, 4S, Turbo and Turbo S. The Turbo and Turbo S are the first ever vehicles in Porsche's storied history to wear the 'turbo' badge without having any of the forced induction gubbins on board. All four variants of the Taycan use a two-speed automatic gearbox and feature five driving modes — Range, Sport, Sport+, and Individual.
The base Taycan model is powered by a single electric motor on the rear axle which produces 469bhp and 357Nm of torque. The entry-level Taycan has a range of 484 kilometres from its 93kWh battery pack as per Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) laboratory tests.
The Taycan 4S ups the power by adding an additional motor on the front axle. The all-wheel drive Taycan 4S produces 563bhp and 650Nm of torque. The Taycan 4S has a range of 464 kilometres as per WLTP tests.
The Taycan Turbo ups the power of the dual-motor setup to 671bhp and 850Nm of torque. This propels the Taycan Turbo from 0-100km/h in just 3.2 seconds and onwards to an electronically limited top speed of 320km/h. The Taycan Turbo has a range of 341 kilometres.
The Taycan Turbo S is the most powerful electric vehicle to hit the Indian streets. The Taycan Turbo S's twin-motor setup cranks out 751bhp and 1,050Nm of peak torque. The additional power cuts the 0-100km/h sprint time by four-tenths of a second compared to the 'regular' Turbo to just 2.8 seconds. The top speed of the Taycan Turbo S is limited to 320km/h. The Porsche Taycan Turbo S has a range of 323 kilometres.
Porsche has also bought the Taycan Cross Turismo shooting brake to India. The Taycan Cross Turismo offers more headroom, boot space and an air suspension setup while also adding mild off-road ability with the addition of a sixth driving mode - Gravel. The Taycan Cross Turismo is offered in three guises — 4S, Turbo and Turbo S.
Both the Taycan and Taycan Cross Turismo sport Porsche's 800 Volt architecture which allows for fast charging speeds of up to 270kW when connected to a heavy duty DC charger. This architecture allows the Tacan to replenish its batteries extremely quickly. The Taycan can go from 5 per cent to 80 per cent full in just 22.5 minutes. The Taycan also supports two slower AC charging standards - 11kW three phase and 9.6kW single phase charging.
Thoughts On The Porsche Taycan & Taycan Cross Turismo
The Porsche Taycan is one of the quickest accelerating vehicles to ever come to India and brings with its massive power and long range capabilities. Being a Porsche, we expect the Taycan to handle brilliantly while scaring the bejeezus out of your passengers. The Taycan Cross Turismo adds more practicality while also allowing owners to go for light off-road excursions.