- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
German luxury carmaker Porsche has launched the Macan SUV in India. Prices for the Porsche Macan start at Rs 83.21 lakh. The Macan was launched alongside the all-new Taycan EV.
The 2021 Porsche Macan is available in three guises - Macan, Macan S and Macan GTS. The entry-level Macan draws power from a turbocharged 2.0litre inline four cylinder engine that cranks out 261bhp between 5,000 and 6,000rpm and 400Nm of peak torque between 1,800 and 4,500Nm. The engine is paired to a seven-speed PDK dual clutch automatic gearbox. The base Macan can sprint from 0-100km/h in 6.2 seconds and continue onwards to a top speed of 232km/h.
The mid-level Porsche Macan S draws power from a 2,894cc twin turbocharged V6 engine that pumps out 375bhp between 5,200 and 6,700rpm and 520Nm of peak torque between 1,800 and 5,000rpm. The engine is paired to the same 7-speed PDK automatic as the base Macan. The Macan S accelerates from 0-100km/h in 4.6 seconds and has a top speed of 257km/h.
The top-spec Macan GTS uses the same 2.9-litre twin-turbo V6 engine as the Macan S. In the GTS, this twin turbocharged engine pushes out 434bhp between 5,200 and 6,700rpm and 550Nm of peak torque between 1,800 and 5,000rpm. The 7-speed PDK transmission sends power to all four wheels as it does in the other models allowing the GTS to hit 100km/h from standstill in just 4.3 seconds. The Porsche Macan GTS has a top speed of 272km/h.
Speaking about the Macan and the newly launched Taycan, Manolito Vujicic, Brand Head for Porsche India said, "Despite continuously challenging pandemic-related developments, our business performed exceptionally well in this market, chalking up its best Q3 results and making Porsche one of the fastest growing luxury car brands in the country through 2021. Introducing such a revolutionary model as the Taycan and the latest iteration of our popular Macan, to coincide with our dealer expansion is proof positive of the roadmap we are creating for future business growth in India as we invest in new product and facilities throughout 2022. The order books are now open for both Taycan and Macan with first deliveries due early next year."
The new 2021 Macan features a revised front end with a colour coded nose section that emphasises the width of the new car. In the GTS model, this section along with a few more elements are finished off in black. All models feature LED headlamps with the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) that uses a combination of static and dynamic cornering lights to increase visibility on turning and bending roads. The new Macan also sports a striking new diffuser section while the 'Sport Design' wing mirrors are standard across the range for India.
Thoughts On The 2021 Porsche Macan
The Porsche Macan has always been one of the best handling SUVs around and the new 2021 model promises to bring about more of the same. This is the final generation of the Macan to feature an internal combustion engine which for us makes it a must-buy for petrolheads across the country. Buy it before it loses its voice.