- 56 min ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 7 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 10 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Movie Review: Jayasurya's Powerful Performance Saves This Brave Attempt
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
The Porsche 911 Turbo S has won the World Performance Car of the Year 2021 award. Porsche has yet again bagged another World Performance Car award with the latest Porsche 911 Turbo S. It is also the seventh time Porsche has taken this award home since the award's official introduction in 2004.
The winner for the 2021 World Performance Car award was selected by 93 distinguished automotive journalists from 28 countries. To achieve this award, the Porsche 911 Turbo S had to tackle the immensely stiff competition from both the Audi RS Q8 and Toyota GR Yaris, which were the finalists.
The 992 generation Porsche 911 Turbo S is one of the fastest accelerating vehicles in the world with 0-100km/h done in just 2.8 seconds. This mind-numbing acceleration is the courtesy of efficiently channelling 650hp and 750Nm from its 3.8-litre flat-six, turbocharged petrol engine through an 8-speed PDK transmission and a trick all-wheel-drive system.
With the 911 Turbo S, it isn't just about the acceleration, but is about the way the power is put down to the tarmac even in tight corners. It handles well and drives brilliantly, leading the jury to select it as the winner of the prestigious World Performance Car of the Year 2021 award.
Dr Frank-Steffen Walliser, Vice President of Product Lines 911 & 718 was quoted as saying, "We could not be more excited to accept this award, which represents the eighth instance of Porsche winning a World Car Awards title." He further added, "The Porsche 911 Turbo S is the peak of performance and luxury from Porsche, a fact this recognition underscores. With the new generation 992, we continue to push the boundaries."
Thoughts On Porsche 911 Turbo S Winning The World Performance Car Of The Year 2021 Award
The Porsche 911 Turbo S is generously wrapped in leather and luxury like a GT car, capable of crossing continents at an astonishing pace while making sure its driver and occupants are least stressed. This, combined with the fact that it accelerates almost like a hypercar, makes it deserving of the World Performance Car of the Year title.