- 22 hrs ago BMW Planning To Launch Three EVs Within Next Six Months
- 1 day ago EICMA 2021: Royal Enfield Project Origin Revealed — Original RE Recreated
- 1 day ago Ather Energy Opens New Dealership In Hyderabad — 2nd Retail Store In The City Of Nizams
- 1 day ago Simple Energy Raises $21 Million In Oversubscribed Pre-Series Funding Round
- Movies Chiranjeevi And Sonu Sood Offer Financial Help To Choreographer Siva Shankar
- News India reports 8,318 new Covid-19 cases; active cases decline to 1.07 lakh
- Finance 'Buy' This Stock For +24% Returns In 6 Months: HDFC Securities
- Technology Garena Free Fire Redeem Codes For November 27; How To Claim Malice Joker, Weapon Loot Crates?
- Sports Premier League satisfied Saudi state will not interfere at Newcastle – Masters
- Lifestyle What Is En Caul Birth? Kashmir Reports First Ever Case Of 'Veiled' Childbirth
- Education SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Declared At ssc.nic.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Srinagar
Italian two and three-wheeler manufacturer Piaggio has opened its first three-wheeler EV experience centre in the state of Maharashtra.
The new experience centre dubbed AV Motors is located in Mumbai and was inaugurated by Member of Parliament, Gajanan Kirtikar and Sachinkumar Giri, the Deputy Transport Commissioner for the state of Maharashtra.
The new experience centre in Mumbai will showcase the complete Apé Electrik range of vehicles including the Apé E-Xtra, the electric cargo vehicle and the Apé E-City electric auto rickshaw.
The Ape E-City is an electric auto-rickshaw that can seat three passengers. The electric auto is powered by a single electric motor connected to a 7.5 kWh, 48V lithium-ion battery pack. E-City produces 7.29bhp and 29Nm of peak torque.
The electric auto rickshaw has claimed an on-road range of 110 kilometres on a single charge and the battery pack takes three hours and forty-five minutes to fully charge up again. The Ape E-City has a ground clearance of 163mm and a top speed of 45km/h.
The Ape E-Xtra goods ups the power to 9.55bhp and features a larger 8kWh battery pack which is good for just 85 kilometres on a single charge. Charging time is the same as the electric auto at three hours and forty-five minutes. The E-Xtra can carry a payload of 506 kilogrammes and has 220mm of ground clearance. Both the auto and the goods carrier feature drum brakes and handle style steering.
Speaking at the opening of the experience centre Gajanan Kirtikar, MP (North West Mumbai) said, "It gives me immense pleasure to be here today to inaugurate Maharashtra's first Electric three-wheeler Experience centre of Piaggio vehicles Pvt. Ltd. The primary objective of Maharashtra EV Policy 2021 is to accelerate the adoption of BEVs in the state so that they contribute to 10 per cent of new vehicle registrations by 2025. We are doing our best to provide ease of doing business facilities to automakers like Piaggio and we are proud that Piaggio is making these high-tech vehicles in our state at their production facility in Baramati."
Sachinkumar Giri, the Deputy Transport Commissioner for the state of Maharashtra added, "The Maharashtra State Policy 2021 envisions to achieve 25% electrification of public transport and last-mile delivery vehicles by 2025. Mumbai is not only a mega-metro but also the Financial capital of the country. It is important for players like us to provide the city with efficient and sustainable modes of transport solutions. With our EV range, we aim to provide best in class products for both goods and people movement with zero carbon emissions. The Apé Electrik range of vehicles is designed to provide higher earn-ability due to its low cost of operation & superior range with maximum comfort. We also have an excellent warranty & free maintenance package for 3 years which will make the customers transition to our electric range without any worry."
Thoughts on Piaggio's New Experience Centre In Mumbai
Piaggio is looking at the future with its new Ape Electrik lineup of commercial EVs. Hopefully, the opening of the new experience centre will hasten the adoption of commercial EVs on the streets of the nation's financial capital.