- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Piaggio has launched the Ape FX range for cargo and passenger vehicle in the Indian market. The newly launched Ape electric range is available in two variants: the E-Xtra FX (Cargo) and the E-City FX (Passenger).
Prices for the Ape electric FX passenger and cargo range starts at Rs 2.83 lakh and Rs 3.12 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are introductory and ex-showroom, which includes fame II subsidy benefits.
Both Ape E-Xtra and the E-City were currently available with swappable battery technology. However, the company decided to launch a fixed battery variant of both models, which will help reduce the costs of EVs.
FX is the most powerful electric cargo in the segment with a 9.5 kW power output. It comes with a proven full metal body architecture fitted with a useful 6 ft cargo deck length. It is also customizable for applications like the delivery van, garbage collector, etc. The passenger vehicle, Ape' E-City FX is the most profitable 3 wheeler. Its superior features and comfortable ride ensures a higher number of trips and best-in-class earnings.
Both the products come equipped with top-of-the-range features like blue vision headlamps, automatic transmission, hill hold assist, regenerative braking, dual-tone seats, striking body colours and graphics, multi-information instrument cluster, boost mode etc. The FX fixed battery range offers convenient to home and office charging features. Both feature a maximum driving range of around 110 kilometres on a single battery charge.
The vehicles are offered with a 3 year/1 lakh kilometre "Super warranty". In addition to this, both EVs are offered with a 3-year free maintenance package as an introductory offer to all our customers. The company continues to offer the Piaggio I-Connect telematics solution, which offers real-time vehicle data tracking for our customers and PVPL service initiatives.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Diego Graffi, Chairman & MD Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. said, "Ape', a brand with a trust of more than 30 lac happy customers is paving the way for the Indian electric revolution with the FX range of electric vehicles. The Piaggio Group has a rich heritage of developing electric technology over the last four decades which we have leveraged to develop these class-leading products for India."
He further added, "Post the launch of Ape' E-City with Swappable technology in 2019, we are now introducing the Fixed Battery technology solutions to serve the varied needs of customers. This new FX range is a step in realizing Piaggio's vision which aligns with the government's initiatives for mass adaption of EVs in India."
Mr Saju Nair, EVP and Head of Commercial Vehicle Business, Piaggio India Pvt Ltd. said, "We are launching the FX range after a detailed study covering the industry trends, customer aspirations, and segment requirements. The FX range will cater to the needs of our customers, protect the environment and truly revolutionize the industry with the concept of Ape goes Electric, India goes Electric."
Mr Malind Kapur, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Product Marketing, Channel & Business Development, Piaggio Vehicles said, "The Piaggio Ape' Electrik FX range launch is a part of our strategic initiative to provide customers with unique solutions & a wider range to choose from based on specific applications."
He further added, "We are offering the Ape' E-Xtra with a 6 feet cargo deck and a Delivery van option for customized applications. The zero-emission, low NVH, superior drive & ride comfort makes it the logical choice for last-mile transport of modern Indian cities & towns grappling with rising levels of vehicular pollution."
"With the launch of the Ape' Electrik FX range, we have truly positioned ourselves as a fuel agnostic player in India offering vehicles in Diesel, CNG, LPG, Petrol & Electric. We are committed to offering a differentiated buying experience by launching new Ape' Electrik Experience centres across India," Mr Kapur concluded.
Thoughts About The Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India
The Piaggio Ape E-Xtra FX (Cargo) and the E-City FX (Passenger) EVs features fixed battery tech, which helps to lower the cost. The company has launched two new models for faster adoption of EVs across the country. The Ape electric E-Xtra FX & the E-City FX will be launched across the country in a phase-wise manner.