- 2 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 3 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 3 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- 3 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Here Are The Model-Wise Benefits
- News WHO classifies Indian Covid strain as 'variant of concern'
- Movies Salman Khan Confirms Sister Arpita Khan Sharma Tested Positive For COVID-19, Has Recovered
- Sports Bengaluru FC returns from Maldives, goes into mandatory quarantine
- Finance Understanding ‘A', ‘B', ‘Z', ‘T' And ‘S' Group Of Stocks On BSE
- Technology Xiaomi Patents Internal Flip Camera Smartphone; When To Expect Its Launch?
- Education Assam Class 11 Exams 2021 Cancelled, AHSEC Promotes Students Without Exams
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle Make A Strong Case For Red! Whose Outfit Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Nissan introduced their all-new compact-SUV, the Magnite in the Indian market on the 2nd of December 2020. Post its launch in the Indian market, the Nissan Magnite has undergone the latest rounds of crash testing by ASEAN NCAP.
The ASEAN NCAP recently announced that the Magnite SUV has secured an impressive 4-star rating in terms of overall passenger safety. The ASEAN NCAP, however, is yet to reveal all the details of the test, while the score-breakdown for adult and child occupant protection is also yet to be announced.
Although all the exact scores and details from the crash test conducted by ASEAN NCAP is yet to be revealed, a 4-star rating should help further boost the demand for the Magnite in the market.
ASEAN NCAP has released a statement, which reads,
"The New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asian Countries (ASEAN NCAP) had recently performed an assessment on the model Nissan Magnite, the second assessed model under the Nissan brand in year 2020."
"Based on the overall score, ASEAN NCAP is pleased to announce that the new Nissan Magnite had successfully obtained 4-Star ASEAN NCAP rating in the assessment. Details of the results will be released soon."
The Nissan Magnite is currently sold only in the Indian market. The compact-SUV is manufactured at the brand's facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The Nissan Magnite has already gotten off to a flying start, having secured over 15,000 bookings within a few weeks of its launch.
The Nissan Magnite is an extremely well-equipped compact-SUV, with even the entry-level variants offering all the basic safety, comfort and convenience feature expected. Safety features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, seatbelt pre-tensioners and many others are offered as standard.
This would have helped improve the safety ratings, considering the tests conducted by ASEAN NCAP are based on parameters similar to the Global NCAP. Both safety programs conduct the crash tests on the base variants of the respective cars.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Safety Rating By ASEAN NCAP
The impressive 4-star safety rating from ASEAN NCAP for the Nissan Magnite will be a huge boost for the brand and the model, which already has garnered a lot of demand. The new Nissan Magnite rivals the likes of the Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon.