- 12 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 21 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 23 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Movies Apna Time Bhi Aayega Bids Adieu To The Audiences After A Successful Year-Long Run
- News Karnataka Congress deletes 'illiterate Narendra Modi' tweet, DKS regrets language
- Finance Banks To Remain Shut For 5 Days From Today This Week: Details Inside
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Sports Giannis braced for Durant battle in Bucks-Nets opener: Nobody in this world can slow down KD
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Nissan introduced their all-new compact-SUV, the Magnite in the Indian market on the 2nd of December 2020. Post its launch in the Indian market, the Nissan Magnite has undergone the latest rounds of crash testing by ASEAN NCAP.
The ASEAN NCAP recently announced that the Magnite SUV has secured an impressive 4-star rating in terms of overall passenger safety. The ASEAN NCAP, however, is yet to reveal all the details of the test, while the score-breakdown for adult and child occupant protection is also yet to be announced.
Although all the exact scores and details from the crash test conducted by ASEAN NCAP is yet to be revealed, a 4-star rating should help further boost the demand for the Magnite in the market.
ASEAN NCAP has released a statement, which reads,
"The New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asian Countries (ASEAN NCAP) had recently performed an assessment on the model Nissan Magnite, the second assessed model under the Nissan brand in year 2020."
"Based on the overall score, ASEAN NCAP is pleased to announce that the new Nissan Magnite had successfully obtained 4-Star ASEAN NCAP rating in the assessment. Details of the results will be released soon."
The Nissan Magnite is currently sold only in the Indian market. The compact-SUV is manufactured at the brand's facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The Nissan Magnite has already gotten off to a flying start, having secured over 15,000 bookings within a few weeks of its launch.
The Nissan Magnite is an extremely well-equipped compact-SUV, with even the entry-level variants offering all the basic safety, comfort and convenience feature expected. Safety features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, seatbelt pre-tensioners and many others are offered as standard.
This would have helped improve the safety ratings, considering the tests conducted by ASEAN NCAP are based on parameters similar to the Global NCAP. Both safety programs conduct the crash tests on the base variants of the respective cars.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Safety Rating By ASEAN NCAP
The impressive 4-star safety rating from ASEAN NCAP for the Nissan Magnite will be a huge boost for the brand and the model, which already has garnered a lot of demand. The new Nissan Magnite rivals the likes of the Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon.