- 49 min ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 24 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- News Who is Deep Sidhu?
- Technology BSNL Launches Seven Satellite Connectivity Plans For Rural Areas
- Travel Experiential Travel : Sohan Raghuram 13-Year-old Experiential traveler
- Finance Budget 2021: Govt May Announce Steps To Promote E-Commerce
- Movies Varun Dhawan Is The Ever Beaming Groom As He Gets Decked Up By Manish Malhotra; Watch Video
- Sports India vs England: India's Test records at Chennai, best batting, bowling, highest, lowest totals
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Nissan introduced their all-new compact-SUV, the Magnite in the Indian market on the 2nd of December 2020. Post its launch in the Indian market, the Nissan Magnite has undergone the latest rounds of crash testing by ASEAN NCAP.
The ASEAN NCAP recently announced that the Magnite SUV has secured an impressive 4-star rating in terms of overall passenger safety. The ASEAN NCAP, however, is yet to reveal all the details of the test, while the score-breakdown for adult and child occupant protection is also yet to be announced.
Although all the exact scores and details from the crash test conducted by ASEAN NCAP is yet to be revealed, a 4-star rating should help further boost the demand for the Magnite in the market.
ASEAN NCAP has released a statement, which reads,
"The New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asian Countries (ASEAN NCAP) had recently performed an assessment on the model Nissan Magnite, the second assessed model under the Nissan brand in year 2020."
"Based on the overall score, ASEAN NCAP is pleased to announce that the new Nissan Magnite had successfully obtained 4-Star ASEAN NCAP rating in the assessment. Details of the results will be released soon."
The Nissan Magnite is currently sold only in the Indian market. The compact-SUV is manufactured at the brand's facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The Nissan Magnite has already gotten off to a flying start, having secured over 15,000 bookings within a few weeks of its launch.
The Nissan Magnite is an extremely well-equipped compact-SUV, with even the entry-level variants offering all the basic safety, comfort and convenience feature expected. Safety features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, seatbelt pre-tensioners and many others are offered as standard.
This would have helped improve the safety ratings, considering the tests conducted by ASEAN NCAP are based on parameters similar to the Global NCAP. Both safety programs conduct the crash tests on the base variants of the respective cars.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Safety Rating By ASEAN NCAP
The impressive 4-star safety rating from ASEAN NCAP for the Nissan Magnite will be a huge boost for the brand and the model, which already has garnered a lot of demand. The new Nissan Magnite rivals the likes of the Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon.