- 11 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Ashok Leyland Delivers Light Bullet-Proof Vehicles To Indian Air Force: First Batch of LBPV
- 15 hrs ago According To The CEEW-CEF Report Nearly 1.35 lakh EVs Sold In India In FY2021: Here Are The Details
- Movies Sonu Sood Says He Got Infected With COVID-19 Despite Being Careful; Adds 'I Have Always Worn A Mask'
- Technology Week 16, 2021 Launch Roundup: ZTE Axon 30 Ultra, ASUS ROG Phone 5, Sony Xperia 10 III, And More
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs SRH: Match report: Kieron Pollard, Rahul Chahar, Trent Boult shine for Mumbai Indians
- News Madhya Pradesh: Corona curfew extended in Bhopal till Apr 26
- Finance What is Demand Draft Validity Period?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Is It Safe For People With Diabetes To Fast? COVID-19, Associated Risks And Management
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Nissan India has confirmed that the bookings for the Magnite SUV have crossed the 40,000 units mark. The new milestone was achieved during the early weeks of February this year. The company has received an overwhelming response for the Magnite in the Indian market.
A recent report from carandbike also revealed that the company has increased the production of Magnite SUV catering to the growing demand. Nissan has started a third-shift to increase production at its manufacturing facility that employs over 1,000 of its workforce.
Mr Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan India speaking to the media publication confirmed the development and stated that the customers have appreciated the product. They have also liked the brand connect and they are willing to wait for their compact-SUV to arrive.
He further stated that most customers of the Magnite SUV are early adopters of the brand and the product. However, with the third shift in place, the company is expected to reduce the waiting time by a substantial margin. The waiting period is expected to be reduced between two to three months.
The Nissan Magnite was launched on December 2, 2020, and was offered with an introductory starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This made Magnite the most affordable compact-SUV offerings in the country.
The company announced a price increase on the compact-SUV by Rs 50,000. However, only the price of the base-spec XE variant was increased. As a result, the Nissan Magnite now retails at a starting price of Rs 5.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India) — which is only Rs 4,000 costlier as compared to its Renault counterpart.
The all-new Nissan Magnite is offered in four variants: XE, XL, XV and XV Premium. The top-spec XV Premium variant of the Nissan Magnite retails at Rs 9.35 lakh, (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Magnite is offered in a total of eight colour options: 5 monotone and 3 dual-tone schemes.
The company is offering the Magnite compact-SUV in two petrol engine options. The naturally-aspirated unit produces a maximum of 71bhp and a peak torque of 96Nm and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
On the other hand, the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churns out a maximum of 99bhp and a peak torque of 160Nm. The turbo-petrol engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite Bookings Crossing 40,000 Units Mark
The Nissan Magnite is on a roll and could be on its way to become the best-selling model in its segment in the Indian market. The Nissan Magnite rival the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Kia Sonet, Toyota Urban Cruiser and the list go on. However, its primary rival will be the new Renualt Kiger, which features a similar setup with a majority of features and mechanicals shared between both models.