- 1 hr ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 7 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Finance FM Says Cases Against Fugitives, Economic Offenders To Be Actively Pursued
- Sports WTC Final: Day 6: Southee, Boult impress as New Zealand restrict India to 170; Kiwis need 139 to win
- News Scientists find signs of brain inflammation, neurodegeneration in people who died of COVID-19
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G Leaked Hours Ahead Of India Launch; Cheaper Than OnePlus Nord CE 5G?
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Movies Taarak Mehta's Ghanshyam Talks About His Cancer Treatment; Recalls Memories Of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Nissan becomes the latest automaker to announce an extension on free and paid services offered to its customers in India. The decision has been made by the brand to extend the validity period due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
According to a social post by the brand on its official handle, all services have been extended by two months. This includes standard warranty, free service, extended warranty and the brand's paid maintenance packages called the Nissan Promise.
The Nissan Promise package includes pre-paid maintenance packages, extended warranty, and (RSA) Road-Side Assistance service offered to customers in the country. Seems like the validity period has been increased to July 31, 2021.
The social post from Nissan India said, "We promised to take care and we stand by it. Because we understand that right now staying at home is helping the world become a safer place again. And when things get better, we'll be ready to welcome you back."
A majority of the states and cities have announced a lockdown in wake of the second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country. The deadly virus is continuing its onslaught for the second time after its initial appearance last year.
To safeguard their workforce, automakers decided to temporarily halt operations across manufacturing plants, corporate offices, showrooms and service centres. Service centres will be closed adhering to the local lockdown guidelines.
During this time, customers' vehicles with expiring maintenance packages will be unable to avail of services. The extension announced on these packages will certainly help customers to get their issues sorted once the lockdown ends in the country.
However, the sales of the cars will continue as Nissan offer a fully digital car buying experience with a virtual reality platform. Customers looking to purchase a car can now virtually experience it right from the comfort of their homes. Nissan offers a complete contactless buying experience as well.
Thoughts About Nissan Extending Warranty & Service Packages Period Period Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
Nissan joins the long list of automakers announcing an extension of warranty and service packages in the country. The company is also providing an extension on packages bought by the customers. This will provide peace of mind to Nissan customers and increase the value of the paid packages.