- 11 min ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 22 min ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki India Extends Its Free Service & Warranty Period For Customers Due To Covid-19
- 1 hr ago Dakar Rally 2022 Route & Scheduled Revealed: 44th Race Edition Will Be Held Between January 2 & 14
- News SC judge DY Chandrachud tests positive for Covid-19
- Movies Zee Theatre Drops The Promo Of The First Episode Of Yaar Julahay Starring Mahira Khan
- Technology Amazon pTron Music Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Bluetooth Headphones
- Sports Former India cricketer RP Singh loses father to COVID-19, cricketing fraternity condoles
- Finance How To Send Money Abroad From SBI To Foreign Bank Account Online?
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Sputnik V, A New COVID-19 Vaccine Approved In India
- Education Eid-ul-Fitr 2021: Know Why Ramzan Eid Is Celebrated, Its History And Significance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Nissan has confirmed that the Magnite sold in the country comply with the ASEAN NCAP safety rating awarded to the compact-SUV. The crash test conducted on the Nissan Magnite by the ASEAN NCAP has resulted in the compact-SUV securing 4-stars overall.
In a reply to a tweet sent by one of the customers on the Nissan India Twitter handle questions the safety rating of the Magnite, the brand has confirmed that the Indian made SUV is the same as the ones tested by the ASEAN NCAP. As a result, the Made-in-India Nissan Magnite will also have the same crash protection.
Speaking about the safety score secured by the Nissan Magnite, as per the report, the Nissan Magnite has secured 39.02 points for Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) and 16.32 points for Child Occupant Protection (COP). The Nissan Magnite also scored 15.28 points in the Safety Assist category, which took its total score to 70.60, securing its impressive 4-star safety rating.
Based on the report, the front passenger also receives adequate protection to his chest, head and knees. However, the driver's chest had weak protection during the frontal impact. In terms of Child Occupant Protection, the Nissan Magnite secured 7.81 points for an 18-old month baby. A three-year child dummy secured the complete 8 point safety score.
It is based on the CMF-A+ platform and comes with safety features such as ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, dual airbags, Vehicle Dynamic Control, Traction Control, Hill Start Assist and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, seatbelt pre-tensioners, and ISOFIX child seat anchorages and many others.
The company is offering the Magnite compact-SUV in two petrol engine options: The lower-spec 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated unit and the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. The naturally-aspirated unit produces a maximum of 71bhp and a peak torque of 96Nm. Ths engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
On the other hand, the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churns out a maximum of 99bhp and a peak torque of 160Nm. The turbo-petrol engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts About Nissan Confirming Magnite Sold In India Secures 4-Stars Safety Rating In ASEAN NCAP
With a four-star safety rating, the Nissan Magnite is one of the safest compact-SUV sold in the Indian market. Based on the current market trend, the safety of occupants has taken a prominent place in the buyer's preferences. This including the turbo-petrol engine, automatic transmission and an affordable price tag makes the Magnite a good proposition.