- 1 day ago Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Taigun Launched In India At Rs 10.49 Lakh: All You Need To Know
- 2 days ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup Announced; GT-R650 Race Bike Revealed
- 2 days ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- Movies Bigg Boss 5 Telugu Elimination Today: Lahari Shari Might Get Evicted
- Technology Amazon Oppo A Series Quiz Answers: Win Rs. 10,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- News Biden praises Indian press, says they are better behaved than US journalists
- Finance PFRDA To Observe National Pension System Diwas NPS Diwas On October 1
- Education QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022 Released, Explore Top 10 Universities
- Sports Ryder Cup: United States race clear as Europe suffer dire Straits on opening day
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Lifestyle Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
Nissan has confirmed that the Magnite sold in the country comply with the ASEAN NCAP safety rating awarded to the compact-SUV. The crash test conducted on the Nissan Magnite by the ASEAN NCAP has resulted in the compact-SUV securing 4-stars overall.
In a reply to a tweet sent by one of the customers on the Nissan India Twitter handle questions the safety rating of the Magnite, the brand has confirmed that the Indian made SUV is the same as the ones tested by the ASEAN NCAP. As a result, the Made-in-India Nissan Magnite will also have the same crash protection.
Speaking about the safety score secured by the Nissan Magnite, as per the report, the Nissan Magnite has secured 39.02 points for Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) and 16.32 points for Child Occupant Protection (COP). The Nissan Magnite also scored 15.28 points in the Safety Assist category, which took its total score to 70.60, securing its impressive 4-star safety rating.
Based on the report, the front passenger also receives adequate protection to his chest, head and knees. However, the driver's chest had weak protection during the frontal impact. In terms of Child Occupant Protection, the Nissan Magnite secured 7.81 points for an 18-old month baby. A three-year child dummy secured the complete 8 point safety score.
It is based on the CMF-A+ platform and comes with safety features such as ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, dual airbags, Vehicle Dynamic Control, Traction Control, Hill Start Assist and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, seatbelt pre-tensioners, and ISOFIX child seat anchorages and many others.
The company is offering the Magnite compact-SUV in two petrol engine options: The lower-spec 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated unit and the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. The naturally-aspirated unit produces a maximum of 71bhp and a peak torque of 96Nm. Ths engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
On the other hand, the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churns out a maximum of 99bhp and a peak torque of 160Nm. The turbo-petrol engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts About Nissan Confirming Magnite Sold In India Secures 4-Stars Safety Rating In ASEAN NCAP
With a four-star safety rating, the Nissan Magnite is one of the safest compact-SUV sold in the Indian market. Based on the current market trend, the safety of occupants has taken a prominent place in the buyer's preferences. This including the turbo-petrol engine, automatic transmission and an affordable price tag makes the Magnite a good proposition.