- 14 min ago Aprilia RS 660 & Tuono 660 Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- News Coronavirus cases: India reports 16,738 new COVID-19 cases, 138 deaths in last 24 hours
- Movies Nithiin Reddy Talks About His Dream To Share Screen Space With Pawan Kalyan And Vakeel Saab’s Release
- Sports India vs England, 3rd Test: Upset over third umpire calls, visitors approach match-referee Srinath
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For February 25, 2021: Your Chance To Win Sony DSLR Camera
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sanya Malhotra: Her Top 3 Stunning Fashion Moments Decoded
- Finance Hindustan Copper Continues To Hit Fresh Highs; Hold Recommendation Given
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Today
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
The XUV500 has been around in the Indian market for more than a decade now. The company has continuously been updating the SUV's design and engines over the years. Mahindra will be launching the next-generation XUV500 sometime soon this year in the Indian market. Also, the SUV has been spotted testing on a number of occasions on the Indian roads.
According to the latest report by GaadiWaadi, The mid-spec variant of the 2021 Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing. As seen in the pictures, the test mule is fully wrapped but some of the details are slightly visible. The new generation XUV500 gets a redesigned front grille with vertical slats surrounded by a U-shaped chrome element, sharper headlamps, a restyled bonnet and a new fog lamp housing along with wide central air inlets. The top-end variants will also feature LED DRLs.
At the rear, the test mule gets a set of new LED taillamps, a tweaked bumper, roof rails and a shark fin antenna. Near the bumper, there is a small section where the wrap has peeled-out revealing the red body paint of the XUV500. The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform and will also be loaded with a host of updates and added features.
On the inside, the SUV is likely to get a large horizontal touchscreen infotainment system. a large MID screen, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, flat-bottom steering wheel, cruise control out of many.
Mechanically, the upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is expected to feature a brand new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The new unit is expected to be more powerful than the current 2.2-litre unit, which it will replace. Mahindra is also likely to introduce a brand-new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the all-new XUV500 that will produce 187bhp of power and 380Nm of peak torque. Both engines will come mated to manual and automatic transmission options and the top-end trims will also come with an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system.
Thoughts About The All-New Second Generation XUV 500
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will get a host of new features and modern technology compared to the current generation. Once launched, the XUV500 will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas in the Indian market.