- 5 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Movies Meet Actress Nisha Rawal Tests Positive For COVID-19; Requests Fans To Take Precautions
- News Rajinikanth admitted to Chennai hospital for ‘routine check-up’
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Sports Narender enters pre-quarters at the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Volkswagen has partially revealed the all-new 7th-generation Polo GTI ahead of its global debut scheduled in June 2021. The upcoming Volkswagen Mk7 Polo GTI has been revealed as a sketch, ahead of the annual Volkswagen GTI weekend in Lake Workhorse. However, the event had to be cancelled a second time in a row due to the pandemic.
From the images revealed by Volkswagen, the upcoming Mk7 Polo GTI looks much sharper and bigger than the outgoing model thanks to its aggressive bumpers, slimmer headlamps and bold lines. The width of the car is further accentuated by the new LED DRLs that extend to cover the bottom of the grille.
Volkswagen claims that their upcoming Mk7 Polo GTI will get Volkswagen's Travel Assist feature along with level-2 semi-autonomous driving systems as standard. It will also sport Volkswagen's IQ Lights and the latest version of Volkswagen's MIB3 touchscreen infotainment system.
The upcoming Mk7 Volkswagen Polo GTI will come with a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that produces 203bhp and it comes exclusively with a dual-clutch automatic gearbox. It might or might not make it to the Indian market anytime soon.
Thoughts On Upcoming Next-Gen Volkswagen Polo GTI
It is quite astonishing to realise that the Mk6 Polo and Mk6 Polo GTI made their global debut in 2017, and it took Volkswagen just 4-years to develop the Mk7 Polo GTI despite the ongoing pandemic hampering operations since last year. It is expected to be launched in June. We hope Volkswagen does launch it in the Indian market as it is, without making any changes.