- 8 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 14 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Naane Varuven: The Dhanush-Selvaraghavan Project To Start Rolling On August 20
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
The engine specs of the 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser have been leaked ahead of its debut. The next-generation Toyota Land Cruiser is set to debut later this month and its engine specs have now been leaked. The 2021 Land Cruiser will be made available with a 3.3-litre turbo-diesel engine and a 3.5-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The Toyota Land Cruiser needs no introduction. It is one of the most capable cars in the world with humble beginnings. The Toyota Land Cruiser started out as a bare-basic model that traces its roots back to World War II. In 1941, the Japanese government instructed Toyota to build a light truck for the Japanese military.
The resulting truck was eventually named the Toyota Land Cruiser. It did not come with any luxuries or features to write home about. It was an utterly reliable machine that could traverse any terrain. Over the decades, many things have changed.
The Land Cruiser became bigger, more powerful, and more luxurious while still retaining its bulletproof reliability and its capability to traverse any terrain. Toyota is now set to launch the next-generation Land Cruiser and this one is different in almost every measurable way.
It gets a refreshed design. The new Toyota Land Cruiser retains the boxy silhouette but now gets more curves and a completely new front-end. The model features LED lighting all around, a new grille and new bumpers as well.
The biggest changes though come in the form of updated interiors and powertrain. While we do not have much information about the interior, the engine options have now been leaked. The outgoing model of the Toyota Land Cruiser is powered by a behemoth 4.5-litre twin-turbo diesel engine that puts out 261.4bhp and 650Nm.
Replacing this gem of an engine was always going to be a task. Toyota would have to reduce emissions while still increasing efficiency and performance. Going by the specs on the leaked documents, it seems like Toyota has pulled it off.
What appears to be a dealership bulletin has been leaked. It mentions the specifications of the new 3.3-litre diesel engine and the 3.5-litre petrol engine. Both engines are in the V6 configuration, so it is safe to say that the Toyota Land Cruiser range has officially bid goodbye to the good ol' V8.
The new 3.3-litre V6 diesel engine produces 302bhp at 4,000rpm and 700NM between 1,600and 2,600rpm. The 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine on the other hand produces 409bhp at 5,400rpm and 650Nm between 2,000 and 3,600rpm.
The new Toyota Land Cruiser weighs in at 3,230 kilograms which is 130 kilograms lighter than the 3,350 kilogram weight of the current model. Also, the leaked documents have revealed that it will be available in three variants - GX-R, GR-S, and ZX.
The premium SUV will be made available in 10 colour options - Glacier White, Pearl White Metallic, Classic White, Satin Silver Metallic, Graphite Grey Metallic, Ruby Metallic, Black, Attitude Black, Avante-Garde Bronze Metallic, and Moonlight Ocean Metallic.
More details are expected to be revealed soon. Meanwhile, dealerships have started accepting bookings for the SUV in the South African market.
Thoughts On Next-Gen Toyota Land Cruiser Engine Specs Being Leaked
The new Toyota Land Cruiser will in all probability outsell the outgoing model by a large margin. It looks good, has a great interior, and now gets competitive engines as well. It can now take on tough competition from the likes of the Range Rover and the Mercedes-Benz GLS.