- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 17 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 21 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan And Akshay Kumar's Throwback Picture From Dil To Pagal Hai Sets Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- News Has Rahul Gandhi got himself vaccinated? BJP hits back
- Finance Auto Component Suppliers To See 70% Dip In Operating Profits In Q1 Due To COVID Restrictions: Icra
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha And Sunny Leone’s Crop Top And Pants Combo Make For The Best Outfits For Job Interviews
- Sports UEFA has no plans to move Euro 2020 semi-finals and final from Wembley
- Education Indian Navy Admit Card 2021 For SSR And AR Released, Download At joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The next-gen Skoda Octavia VRS is set to be launched in India. The launch of the new Skoda Octavia is always big news in India. Now Skoda has hinted at the arrival of the performance focused VRS variant of the latest generation of Octavia for Indian consumers.
That being said, the new fourth-gen Skoda Octavia is already in production, and Skoda is gearing up for its India launch on June 10, 2021. The upcoming fourth-generation Skoda Octavia VRS will come with plenty of upgrades over the standard model and as a result, Skoda will bring the Octavia VRS as a completely-built unit (CBU).
If Skoda brings the Octavia VRS via the CBU route, we can expect a significant price difference between the locally built top-end L&K variant and the completely-imported VRS variant. However, it is also very likely that the new Skoda Octavia VRS may come with all the optional features as standard to justify the higher asking price.
Like all brands and models under the Volkswagen group, the changes to the exterior for the high-performance variant is subtle when compared to the standard model. However, you can still easily identify the VRS model with its distinctively aggressive front bumpers, blacked-out elements, large dual exhausts and large alloy wheels.
Under the bonnet is a very familiar 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 241.6bhp and 370Nm. It is the same engine that is found in the current-generation Octavia VRS. However, this time there is a more enthusiast-friendly 6-speed manual transmission on offer along with the lightning-fast 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The new Octavia VRS also comes equipped with larger brakes, sportier differential, dynamic chassis control, and a 15mm lower suspension. With the 0-100km/h sprint taking just 6.7 seconds and a top speed of 250km/h, the Skoda Octavia VRS is plenty fast to keep any car enthusiast entertained.
Thoughts On Next-Generation Skoda Octavia VRS Being Launched Soon
Volkswagen may have denied their performance models in the Indian market, but Skoda has always given us the taste for their performance models even if they haven’t sold in great numbers. We expect Skoda to price the upcoming Octavia VRS to be priced much higher than the current generation Octavia VRS which retails at Rs 35.99 lakh.