- 5 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Movies Meet Actress Nisha Rawal Tests Positive For COVID-19; Requests Fans To Take Precautions
- News Rajinikanth admitted to Chennai hospital for ‘routine check-up’
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Sports Narender enters pre-quarters at the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i With Dimensity 810 5G SoC, 90Hz Display Officially Announced; Price, Full Specifications
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
The next-gen Skoda Octavia VRS is set to be launched in India. The launch of the new Skoda Octavia is always big news in India. Now Skoda has hinted at the arrival of the performance focused VRS variant of the latest generation of Octavia for Indian consumers.
That being said, the new fourth-gen Skoda Octavia is already in production, and Skoda is gearing up for its India launch on June 10, 2021. The upcoming fourth-generation Skoda Octavia VRS will come with plenty of upgrades over the standard model and as a result, Skoda will bring the Octavia VRS as a completely-built unit (CBU).
If Skoda brings the Octavia VRS via the CBU route, we can expect a significant price difference between the locally built top-end L&K variant and the completely-imported VRS variant. However, it is also very likely that the new Skoda Octavia VRS may come with all the optional features as standard to justify the higher asking price.
Like all brands and models under the Volkswagen group, the changes to the exterior for the high-performance variant is subtle when compared to the standard model. However, you can still easily identify the VRS model with its distinctively aggressive front bumpers, blacked-out elements, large dual exhausts and large alloy wheels.
Under the bonnet is a very familiar 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 241.6bhp and 370Nm. It is the same engine that is found in the current-generation Octavia VRS. However, this time there is a more enthusiast-friendly 6-speed manual transmission on offer along with the lightning-fast 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The new Octavia VRS also comes equipped with larger brakes, sportier differential, dynamic chassis control, and a 15mm lower suspension. With the 0-100km/h sprint taking just 6.7 seconds and a top speed of 250km/h, the Skoda Octavia VRS is plenty fast to keep any car enthusiast entertained.
Thoughts On Next-Generation Skoda Octavia VRS Being Launched Soon
Volkswagen may have denied their performance models in the Indian market, but Skoda has always given us the taste for their performance models even if they haven’t sold in great numbers. We expect Skoda to price the upcoming Octavia VRS to be priced much higher than the current generation Octavia VRS which retails at Rs 35.99 lakh.