- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 4 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- News Navjot Singh Sidhu is disaster, oppose his name as new CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
- Sports Mohammad Hussamuddin sails into the quarterfinals on Day 4 of 5th Elite Men's National Boxing Championships
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
The Mahindra Scorpio will be receiving a major overhaul in the form of a new-generation model in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the new-generation Scorpio sometime this year.
Ahead of its launch, the upcoming SUV has been spotted testing revealing new features. A new set of spy images from TeamBHP reveals that the new Scorpio's sunroof and automatic powertrain feature.
The images also reveal the upcoming SUV's dashboard and steering design. The 2021 Scorpio will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, and a semi-digital instrument cluster. Also, the dashboard design looks similar to the ones seen on the XUV300.
The large infotainment display is expected to support wireless smartphone technology such as Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology. Other features that are expected on the new-generation SUV includes wireless smartphone charging, climate control, rear ac vents, USB charging slots, a power-operated driver seat and more.
The new-gen Scorpio, the SUV is expected to carry a bigger footprint as compared to the outgoing model. As a result, the SUV is expected to feature a roomier third-row seating, which could be offered with forward-facing seats on the new-gen model.
Moving to the exteriors of the upcoming SUV, the Scorpio is expected to feature a host of design changes. This includes an all-new front fascia with a wider grille, restyled LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, and reworked bumpers; among others.
The new Scorpio is also expected to receive a new boot lid design along with an updated LED taillamp. The side profile of the SUV will also be new because of a bigger footprint and will feature a new alloy design.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra Thar. This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit.
Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company will be offering the Scorpio with an optional automatic transmission option, which is now confirmed by the latest set of spy images.
Ahead of its launch, the company has registered a couple of names for the upcoming new-generation SUV. The latest name to be registered by the brand is ‘ScorpioN', which could be a performance variant of the upcoming new-gen SUV model. In addition to the ScorpioN, the company has also registered the name Sting for its workhorse.
Thoughts About The Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features
The New-Gen Mahindra Scorpio is expected to be restyled with added features inside and out. It is also expected to be bigger in dimensions as compared to the outgoing model. The company could be looking to give the workhorse a premium appeal with the new-generation Scorpio expected to arrive this year in the market.