- 10 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 13 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- News TN will not implement NEP, to form expert panel to formulate State policy: CM Stalin
- Movies ZEE5 Original Film Rashmi Rocket Breaks Stereotypes And Records; Garners 12 Million+ Views Across Platforms
- Sports T20 World Cup: It was world class performance from Zampa: Finch
- Education MHT CET 2021 Toppers List: 28 Students Emerge As Toppers, Score 100 Percentile In Maharashtra CET
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
New Yamaha R15 V4.0 launched in India. The new 2021 Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 receives a major design change that takes inspiration from the bigger Yamaha YZF-R7.
Along with the new updated design, Yamaha has also given the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 a whole host of new features.
Starting with the design, the new 2021 Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 looks far more mature and bigger than the outgoing model, thanks to the Yamaha YZF-R7 inspired design.
Gone is the multi-reflector type LED headlamp setup and in comes a new LED projector-type headlamp setup. This new headlamp setup is cleverly placed in a centrally positioned chamber that looks like an air intake. This gives an illusion of a stripped-out racing bike.
This along with the matte-gold finished USD forks, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 looks like a motorcycle with a much larger capacity engine.
Moving to the sides, we can see that, Yamaha has not re-used a single panel from the older bike and the bike looks a lot more mature in this avatar. The exhaust is a stubbier unit that enhances the appeal even more.
Along with this, Yamaha claims that aerodynamics have been further refined to improve the airflow around the motorcycle.
Features-wise, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 gets many advanced features like Traction Control System (TCS), Quick Shifter, Bluetooth connectivity, Ride modes, Gear Shift Indicator and a few more.
Along with this, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 gets an all-new LCD instrument cluster that has been inspired by Yamaha YZF-R1. This unit also comes with a Gear shift indicator.
Another notable feature in the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 is the Ride modes. This allows the user to change between ‘Track Mode' and ‘Street Mode' to suit the riding requirements.
Powering the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 is a 155cc. 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve petrol engine with Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) and fuel injection. This engine produces 18.4 Bhp at 10,000rpm, and 14.2Nm of torque at 7,500rpm.
Like before, the engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox, but now comes with a slipper-clutch and Quick Shifter. The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 now weighs just 142 kgs despite the addition of new features.
The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 comes in three colour options. The colour options include Metallic Red, Dark Knight, and Racing Blue. Along with this, there is also a new trim called the R15M.
The pricing for the all-new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 starts from Rs 1.68 lakh (ex-showroom), whereas the R15M is priced at Rs 1.80 lakh (ex-showroom).
Along with the launch of the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 and R15M, Yamaha has also launched the Aerox 155 Maxi-Scooter in India.
This new Yamaha Aerox 155 is powered by a slightly de-tuned version of the engine from the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0.
That being said, with the new Yamaha Aerox 155, Yamaha has opened a whole new segment of scooters in India.
Thoughts About The New Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0
At Rs 1.68 lakh ex-showroom, the new Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 is pricier than the model it replaces, but the additional equipment that comes bundled far exceeds the price difference.
The new Yamaha YZF-R15 v4.0 with its added features becomes a much more rounded package and desirable than before.