- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Finance Deadline For Filing Annual GST Return Extended to March 31, 2021
- News Bank Holidays March 2021: On these dates banks will remain closed in India, check full list here
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Movies Golden Globes 2021 Winners List Live Updates: Chadwick Boseman Wins Best Actor In Motion Picture
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For March 1, 2021: Win Amazon Pay Balance Of Rs. 10,000
- Sports Premier League data dive: Man Utd's 'big six' struggles continue, Liverpool return to winning ways
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Volkswagen is gearing up to increase its product portfolio by launching a couple of models in the Indian market. The company is expected to start the expansion of its model line-up by introducing the Taigun SUV. Volkswagen has confirmed that the Taigun will go on sale sometime in mid-2021 in India.
According to the latest report by Overdrive, the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan has been spotted testing. The 5-seater SUV was revealed last year and it has now been spied testing on the Indian roads. The test vehicle that was spotted was not wearing any wraps, revealing the details of the upcoming SUV.
As seen in the spy images the updated styling of the 2021 Tiguan consists of sharp pulled back headlights that feature LED DRLs and LED projector-beam lamps. Also, the front bumper now comprises a sportier air intake design. At the rear, the SUV gets mildly revised detailing for the taillights, a tweaked bumper design and a new spaced lettering format for the Tiguan badging. It is also seen that the design of the alloy is different this time.
On the inside, it is seen that the 2021 VW Tiguan will get a new touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay, a wireless charging pad and fully-digital instrument cluster. The Taigun will be built on an all-new platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit the buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
Powering the 2021 VW Tiguan will be the 2.0 TSI motor. The engine is capable of producing 187bhp of power and will be mated to the 7-speed DSG automatic with paddle shifters. The SUV will also feature VW's 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system. According to reports, the base variant of the Tiguan (front-wheel-driven) that will be powered by the 1.5 TSI engine is also being considered for India.
Thoughts About The 2021 Tiguan 5-Seater Being Spotted
Volkswagen could have begun the pre-production testing of the SUV and this could be the final round of testing before the launch. Once launched, the Taigun will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kick, the upcoming Citroën C5 Aircross and the updated Hyundai Tucson.