- 5 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 7 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Volkswagen is gearing up to increase its product portfolio by launching a couple of models in the Indian market. The company is expected to start the expansion of its model line-up by introducing the Taigun SUV. Volkswagen has confirmed that the Taigun will go on sale sometime in mid-2021 in India.
According to the latest report by Overdrive, the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan has been spotted testing. The 5-seater SUV was revealed last year and it has now been spied testing on the Indian roads. The test vehicle that was spotted was not wearing any wraps, revealing the details of the upcoming SUV.
As seen in the spy images the updated styling of the 2021 Tiguan consists of sharp pulled back headlights that feature LED DRLs and LED projector-beam lamps. Also, the front bumper now comprises a sportier air intake design. At the rear, the SUV gets mildly revised detailing for the taillights, a tweaked bumper design and a new spaced lettering format for the Tiguan badging. It is also seen that the design of the alloy is different this time.
On the inside, it is seen that the 2021 VW Tiguan will get a new touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay, a wireless charging pad and fully-digital instrument cluster. The Taigun will be built on an all-new platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit the buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
Powering the 2021 VW Tiguan will be the 2.0 TSI motor. The engine is capable of producing 187bhp of power and will be mated to the 7-speed DSG automatic with paddle shifters. The SUV will also feature VW's 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system. According to reports, the base variant of the Tiguan (front-wheel-driven) that will be powered by the 1.5 TSI engine is also being considered for India.
Thoughts About The 2021 Tiguan 5-Seater Being Spotted
Volkswagen could have begun the pre-production testing of the SUV and this could be the final round of testing before the launch. Once launched, the Taigun will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kick, the upcoming Citroën C5 Aircross and the updated Hyundai Tucson.