- 50 min ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 18 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 21 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Launching On August 15 — Most-Awaited EV Launch To Happen On Independence Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Finance Top 5 Public Sector Banks Promising Best Interest Rates On FD In 2021
- Movies Riteish Deshmukh Pens Heartfelt Note For His 'Baiko' Genelia On Her Birthday; 'Gods Must Love Me'
- Technology LG Gram 2021 Laptops With Intel Evo, Military Grade Design Launched: Price, Specifications
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Golf: Aditi in contention for podium finish after blemish-free second round
- News Watch: 38-year-old Mumbai cop dances his way into people's hearts, becomes social media star
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Education Tokyo Olympics: India Bags Bronze After 41 Years, All You Need To Know About Indian Men’s Hockey Squad
Volkswagen unveils its fourth SUV offering in the Indian market, the Tiguan. The Tiguan SUV is no newbie to the Indian market and had been on sale in the past. However, the company had discontinued the SUV for sometime before introducing it again in the market in an all-new avatar.
The Tiguan SUV will be reentering the market with an all-new design, features and most of all a new powertrain. The upcoming SUV will be the brand third five-seat SUV offering in the Indian market.
Starting with the design of the new Tiguan, it looks similar to its predecessor model which was on sale in the country. However, there are some tweaks, which give the new SUV an appealing stance.
This includes the new sleek-looking headlamps that now features LED Matrix technology, a sharper-looking grille finished in chrome and a redesigned bumper that now features triangular-shaped insets on either side along with an air-dam in the middle. We could notice the front sensors placed on the bumper as well.
Looking from the side, the new Tiguan has not changed much in terms of design. The SUV continues to feature a strong shoulder line, which is typical of VW models. This gives the SUV a muscular look. Also, the new Tiguan now features a new design for the 18-inch alloy wheel. The chrome-finished window line adds to the premium look of the SUV.
From the rear, however, the new SUV looks identical to its seven-seat counterpart, the Tiguan Allspace. It features split-style LED headlamps, chrome accents on the bumper, a larger reflective strip and a VW badge placed on the centre of the boot lid. Other exterior features include a shark fin antenna, silver-finished roof-rails and an integrated roof spoiler as well.
Moving inside, one can find the cabin layout of the Tiguan similar to the Tiguan Allspace. However, Volkswagen has added a couple of new features including a touch panel for the new three-zone climate control.
Other interior features of the SUV include an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a fully-digital instrument cluster, premium Vienna leather seats, illuminated scuff plates, a panoramic sunroof, and ambient lighting with 30 shades; among others.
The new Tiguan is also expected to feature rear AC vents, wireless mobile charging along with multiple USB slots, a cooled glovebox, an eight-way powered driver seat, and the brand's latest iteration of connected technology for ease of use.
The safety net on the 2021 Tiguan includes six airbags, ABS, ESP, (ASR) Anti-Spil Control, auto-hold, hill start assist & hill descent control, (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchor, a driver alert system and LED cornering lights. The SUV will also feature a parking camera for additional safety.
Speaking of the powertrain under the bonnet, the Tiguan will share its complete powertrain with its elder sibling, the Tiguan Allspace. It will be powered by a 2.0-litre TSI engine that dishes out a maximum of 190bhp and a peak torque 320Nm. The power is sent to all four wheels via the brand 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system mated a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Volkswagen is expected to launch the 2021 Tiguan within a couple of months in the Indian market. Once launched, the Tiguan will be placed between the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace SUV.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "We are delighted to announce that customers can now book their favourite SUV T-Roc, through our online retail platform or our dealership network across India. We have also announced a unique initiative offering our customers an opportunity to register their interest in our most anticipated SUVW, the Volkswagen Taigun and the New Tiguan. 2021 is a significant year for Volkswagen India and with this announcement, we are a step closer to fulfilling our commitment of delivering 4-SUVs by the end of 2021."
Thoughts About The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Unveiled In India
Volkswagen is going aggressive with its SUV offerings by introducing the new Tiguan in India. The 2021 Tiguan features a simple design and comes packed with a host of features. However, it will be available with a single engine and transmission option. Once launched, the Tiguan will rival the Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass and the upcoming Citroen C5 Aircross SUV in the Indian market.