- 1 hr ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 10 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- News PM Modi to address nation on July 29 over completion of one year of new National Education Policy
- Movies Swara Bhasker Reacts To Tweet Calling Manika Batra 'More Talented & Beautiful' Than Her
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Indian women pay the penalty as Germany win 2-0
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21 FE To Skip Galaxy Unpacked Event; What Other Variants To Expect?
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Volkswagen has launched the 2021 T-Roc SUV in the Indian market. 2021 T-Roc now retails at Rs 21.35 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The company have begun accepting bookings for the 2021 T-Roc SUV online and offline at dealerships across India.
The company has also announced that the deliveries of the new T-Roc will start from May 2021. The premium mid-size SUV will continue to be sold as a (CBU) Completely Built-Up unit. As a result, the 2021 model is Rs 1.36 lakh expensive than the previous model.
Volkswagen has announced its aggressive SUV strategy for the Indian market. It is offering 4 new SUV models catering to different segments in the Indian market including the 2021 T-Roc. Also, all SUV models will be powered by the brand's TSI turbo-petrol engine of varying capacities.
Apart from the new price tag, the 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc has remained the same with no changes made to the SUV. The T-Roc will be positioned between the Tiguan All-Space and the upcoming Tiguan 5-seater SUV in the Indian market.
The SUV will continue to be sold in a single-engine and transmission option and also in one fully-loaded variant. The T-Roc is powered by a 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine that produces a maximum of 148bhp and dishes out a peak torque of 240Nm.
The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox as standard with no optional manual unit. Volkswagen claims that the T-Roc can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 8.4 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 205km/h.
The exterior and interior design along with features of the 2021 T-Roc remain unchanged from the previous model. The SUV continues to come equipped with a LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED cornering lights and fog lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, flared wheel arches, LED taillights, faux skid plates and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others.
On the inside, the cabin of the T-Roc is highlighted by a 10.25-inch ‘virtual cockpit' digital instrument cluster and an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and AppleCarPlay.
Other features include leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, dual-tone alloy wheels, automatic climate control, ambient lighting, push-button start/stop, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, tyre pressure monitoring system and more.
The Volkswagen T-Roc continues to rival the Jeep Compass, the MG Hector and the Hyundai Tucson; among others. Most of its rivals offer diesel and petrol powertrain options as compared to T-Roc's single engine and transmission option.
Thoughts About The 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Launched In India
The first-batch of Volkswagen T-Roc was sold like hot cakes in the Indian market. This is was primarily due to the attractive introductory price tag offered by the company. However, close to over a year, Volkswagen has reintroduced the SUV with a new price tag. Whether the new pricing will continue to attract buyers to the SUV remains to be seen.