- 7 hrs ago New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Railway Transportation Milestone Mark Achieved: Ships Over 7.2 Lakh Vehicles
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold As The Toyota Belta: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Launched In India At Rs 93,690: The Naked-Street Enters The 125cc Segment
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 April 20 Highlights: Bigg Boss Takes Away All The Luxuries From The Contestants
- Sports European Super League: Breakaway competition appears to crumble as Chelsea, Man City lead reported exodus
- News Indian COVID variant still under investigation in UK, not yet of concern: Boris Johnson
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Lifestyle 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
Skoda is yet to update the Octavia premium sedan to meet BS6 emission standards in the Indian market. Instead of just an engine update, the company will be introducing the newest generation of the Octavia sedan in the country.
The upcoming new-gen Skoda Octavia has been spied ahead of its launch in India. Spy images from Rushlane have revealed a partially-camouflaged mule spotted testing with an emission apparatus. The sedan model could be in its latest round of ARAI testing that is required to be completed before the launch.
Zac Hollis, Director of Sales, Service and Marketing at Skoda India has confirmed that the new-gen Octavia will go on sale sometime in quarter 2 of this year. The new-gen Octavia features a redesigned front-end. This includes a new wider butterfly grille, sleek-looking LED headlamps, new front bumper with wider air dam and horizontal LED fog lamps.
The bonnet has been redesigned and features bold crease lines. The new sleek-looking headlamps might be offered with the brand's Matrix LED technology as an option.
There are a few changes that have been made to the rear of the upcoming sedan as well. This includes a new sharper-looking boot lid, bold Skoda lettering that spreads across the length of the boot, new split-LED tail lamps and a redesigned rear bumper.
The sedan also receives a new alloy wheel design. The overall silhouette of the new-gen sedan now looks sleek as compared to the current-gen model. The chrome-finished window line gives the new Octavia a premium look.
On the inside, the 2020 Octavia features an all-new cabin layout with the latest features and technology. This includes the new two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions.
Other new features include the new 10.25-inch instrument cluster display that now features the brand's cockpit design. The infotainment could range between 8.25-inch and 10-inch screens depending on the variant as seen on international-spec models.
Also, the 2021 Octavia includes Trizone Climatronic, optional keyless vehicle entry system, electric parking brake, a Canton sound system, five USB-C ports, and an optional head-up display feature, which is a first in Skoda vehicles.
The new-gen Octavia is already on sale in international markets and is offered in two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. Both engines could make it to the India-spec model, with lower-spec engine offer with entry-level trims.
The 1.5-litre TSI, four-cylinder, petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. While the top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia Spied Testing With Emission Equipment
Once launched, the new Skoda Octavia will be placed in the D-segment cars. The sedan segment, in general, is losing popularity to the growing demand for SUVs in the Indian market. However, the Skoda Octavia is among the most anticipated model arriving in the market later this year.