- News Rail Roko: Protesters block railway tracks in Punjab, Haryana, commuters hit
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccination: Supply, Eligibility Will Decide Vax For Kids
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Scotland look to keep winning momentum against Papua New Guinea
- Finance Nifty Notches 18,500 On 7 Continuous Days Of Gains: Here’s Why
- Movies Bigg Boss 5 Telugu: Host Nagarjuna Akkineni Breaks An Important Rule Of The House, Gets Slammed By Netizens
- Technology Apple Silicon M1 Pro, Apple Silicon M1 Max To Power Upcoming MacBook Pro With Notch
- Travel Sikkim's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Education UKSSSC Stenographer Test Admit Card 2021 Released, Steps To Download UKSSSC Stenographer Admit Card 2021
Skoda launches the much-awaited 2021 Octavia in India priced at Rs 25.99 lakh ex-showroom (starting price). Booking costs are set at Rs 50,000, with deliveries already underway.
Variants Available & Pricing
- Two variants: Style and L&K (Laurin & Klement)
- Style: Rs 25.99 lakh
- L&K: Rs 28.99 lakh
- Candy White
- Lava Blue
- Magic Black
- Brilliant Silver
- Maple Brown
- Candy White
- Lava Blue
- Magic Black
- Max power: 190bhp @ 6,000rpm
- Peak torque: 320Nm @ 4,000rpm
- A large butterfly-grille
- New 17-inch alloy wheels
- Resigned boot-lid with new LED taillamps
- Rear-view camera with washer
- Large SKODA lettering spread across the length of the boot-lid
- 10.25-inch display for instrument cluster featuring the brand's cockpit design
- 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment system
- New two-spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters and mounted controls
- Dual-zone climate control
- Multiple mobile charging slots
- Remote folding rear seats from the boot
- Touch-sensitive reading lamps
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
- EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution)
- HHC (Hill Hold Control)
- HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assist)
- E-parking brake with Auto Hold function
- Front and Side airbags
- Parking camera with dynamic guidelines
- Park assist
- iBuzz fatigue alert
- TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Apart from the colour options, there are a couple of other differences between both variants of the 2021 Skoda Octavia. The Style variant misses out on side airbags, electrically-operated boot lid along with gesture control, power-adjustable front co-passenger seat, premium sound-system from Canton and a smartphone wireless charger among others. Both variants of the Skoda Octavia misses out on a sunroof.
The Octavia comes with a 2-litre turbocharged petrol engine paired to a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
The 1.5-litre TSI engine could be made available soon, confirmed Skoda.
The third-generation Skoda Octavia is based on the updated MQB platform. This gives the 2021 Octavia a bigger footprint than the BS4 model resulting in a roomier cabin. The new-generation sedan features a host of design updates and feature additions inside and out.
The Octavia features sleek-looking Crystal LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs that also function as a turn-signal indicator at the front.
Other exterior features:
The Octavia features Beige leather upholstery and a dual-tone dashboard with piano black inserts and ambient lighting.
Other interior features:
Speaking about the boot, the Octavia feature a boot space of 600 litres with all seats in position. Dropping the 60:40 split rear seats down completely will increase it to 1555 litres.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia Launched In India
The 2021 Skoda Octavia has been finally launched in India after a delay due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The new-generation Octavia is larger, luxurious and loaded with features as compared to the previous-gen model of the sedan. Currently, the only rival for the Skoda Octavia is the Hyundai Elantra.
We drove the newly launched Skoda Octavia. Check out our full review or watch the video now!