- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 10 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 10 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 11 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Skoda India is yet to update its complete line-up of vehicles available in BS4 times to meet BS6 standards. This includes the brand's popular sedan model, the Octavia. Skoda will be bringing the new-generation model of the sedan to the Indian market.
Zac Hollins, Director for Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India has confirmed in a tweet that the new-gen Octavia will be launched within two months. Ahead of its launch, the has been spotted testing several times across the country.
The new-gen Octavia is already on sale in international markets. As a result, most of the features and changes made to the new-gen sedan model have been revealed. Starting with the front fascia, it now features a sleeker design as compared to its BS4 counterpart.
The butterfly grille is now wider and sharper as compared to the old-gen model. The front bumper design is also changed and now houses a wider air dam along with horizontal LED fog lamps placed on either side with a thin chrome strip connecting both units.
2021 Octavia features sleek-looking LED headlamps and could come equipped with the brand's Matrix LED technology as an option. At the rear, the new 2021 Octavia features a new sharper-looking boot lid. The new bold Skoda lettering spreads across the length of the boot. The sedan also receives a new alloy wheel design.
On the inside, the 2021 Octavia will feature an all-new cabin layout with the brand's latest features and technology. This includes the new two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions.
The new instrument cluster now features a 10.25-inch display featuring the brand's cockpit design. The sedan also features another 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment display.
Some of the other features on the 2021 Ocativa include three-zone climate control, electronic parking brake, a premium sound system by Canton, five USB-C ports, and an optional head-up display feature; among others.
The international spec of the new-gen Octavia is offered in two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. Both engines could make it to the India-spec model, with lower-spec engine offered on entry-level trims of the sedan.
The 1.5-litre TSI, four-cylinder, petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. While the top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Timeline Officially Revealed
The new-generation Skoda Octavia features a host of design changes, new equipment and technologies over its BS4 model. As a result, the upcoming sedan model is expected to priced much higher. Once launched, the 2021 Octavia will rival the Hyundai Elantra, which is the only other sedan sold in the segment in India.