- 1 hr ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- Sports Euro 2020: Feud between Mbappé and Giroud escalates
- Movies Spotted : Rashmika Mandanna Arrives In Mumbai, To Resume The Shoot Of Goodbye
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The 2021 Skoda Octavia is all set to hit the Indian market in the next month. The launch of the new Octavia was postponed from the initial timeline of April 2021 due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
As a result, the launch of the fourth-generation Skoda Octavia was deferred to next month. The dates for the launch are yet to be announced officially. However, according to TeamBHP, one of the brand's dealers have confirmed that Skoda will launch the new Octavia on June 10, 2021.
According to the message from the dealer, prices for the Skoda Octavia is expected to range between Rs 27.5 lakh to 32 lakh, ex-showroom. Lastly, the dealer is also accepting pre-bookings for the new Octavia ahead of its launch.
Recently in a tweet, the brand's director for Skoda India, Zac Hollins confirmed the new Octavia to go ale next month. He has also confirmed that the deliveries for the 2021 Skoda Octavia will being right after the launch.
This is because the company has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in India. The first unit of the new Skoda Octavia was has rolled out in April 2021 from the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
Skoda is not giving the sedan a mere engine update. Instead, Skoda is launching an all-new generation of the sedan with new design, features and powertrain options. The older diesel engines have been discontinued.
The 2021 Octavia will now be powered by the brand's TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is yet to be known if the sedan will be offered in two engine options or a single top-spec powertrain. The engines in question are the 1.5-litre and the 2.0-litre turbo-petrol units.
The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The third-generation Skoda Octavia is based on the updated MQB platform. This gives the 2021 Octavia a bigger footprint than the BS4 model resulting in a roomier cabin. The new-generation sedan features a host of design updates and feature additions inside and out.
This includes new sleek-looking LED headlamps with optional Matrix LED technology, LED DRLs and fog lamps, a wider butterfly grille, a new alloy wheel design and more. The overall silhouette of the sedan has also changed as compared to the third-gen model on sale previously.
On the inside, the 2021 Octavia will feature an all-new cabin layout with the brand's latest features and technology. This includes a 10.25-inch display featuring the brand's cockpit design. The sedan also features another 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment display.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Date Revealed
Skoda is gearing up to launch two products in India next month. The first model will be the much-awaited new Skoda Octavia, which is expected to go on sale in the second week of June. It could be offered with multiple powertrain options giving the buyers more freedom to choose as per their taste.