- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Jimmy Sheirgill Reveals Why He Was Intimidated Being Directed By Gulzar In Maachis
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
The next-generation Skoda Octavia is now confirmed to launch next month in the country by the brand's director for Skoda India, Zac Hollins. The news has been confirmed via Zac Hollins' Twitter handle.
He has also confirmed that the booking for the 2021 Skoda Octavia will be open at the time of launch. The deliveries of the executive sedan will also begin right after it is launched next month in the country.
The new-generation Octavia is already on sale in international markets. Also, the company has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in India. The first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan has rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
Unlike other models, the company is not giving the car a mere engine upgrade to meet BS6 emission norms. Instead, Skoda is launching an all-new generation of the sedan with new design, features and powertrain options.
The third-generation Skoda Octavia is based on the updated MQB platform. This gives the 2021 Octavia a bigger footprint than the BS4 model. This makes for a roomier cabin on the upcoming sedan.
Skoda has also stayed away from updating the old diesel engine. Instead, it will be offered with the brand's single TSI turbo-petrol engine. It will be a 2.0-litre TSI engine producing a maximum of 190bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm; mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The new-generation sedan features a host of design updates and feature additions inside and out. This includes new sleek-looking LED headlamps with optional Matrix LED technology, LED DRLs and fog lamps, a wider butterfly grille, a new alloy wheel design and more.
On the inside, the 2021 Octavia will feature an all-new cabin layout with the brand's latest features and technology. This includes a 10.25-inch display featuring the brand's cockpit design. The sedan also features another 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment display.
Some of the other features on the 2021 Ocativa include three-zone climate control, electronic parking brake, a premium sound system by Canton, five USB-C ports, and a new two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch, Bookings & Deliveries Timeline Officially Revealed
Skoda is gearing up to launch a couple of new models in the country. After being absent for over a year, the new-gen Octavia is ready to hit the market. However, the Octavia is the lone survivor in the premium-sedan segment as the Honda Civic is now discontinued in India.