- News Jaishankar meets Israeli Parliament's Speaker; discusses common challenges, regional developments
- Sports Indo-Pak World Cup clash should go ahead: Prakash Padukone
- Finance India's Gold Demand Subdued In 2021, Drivers Of Gold Demand: WGC
- Movies Aryan Khan Drugs Case: Salman Khan Is Watching Case Developments Closely, Tiger 3 & Pathan Shoots Delayed
- Technology Realme GT Neo 2T Debuts With Dimensity 1200 SoC, 120Hz Display; Features, Price
- Education TS Intermediate 1st Year Hall Ticket 2021 Released At tsbie.cgg.gov.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Aditi Rao Hydari Will Inspire You To Keep It Simple And Not Deck Up Too Much!
The Skoda Kushaq has gone into production and bookings for the SUV have also started. Skoda has started the production of its mid-size SUV, the Kushaq at the brand's production facility in Chakan, Pune. The Skoda Kushaq is the brand's second attempt at cracking the 5-seater SUV segment category after the Skoda Yeti was discontinued.
However, Skoda is hoping to make it big with Kushaq. One of the biggest reasons for Skoda betting big on the Kushaq is the segment Skoda is aiming the SUV at. With the Kushaq, Skoda is planning to enter India's hottest and most competitive SUV segment which has been dominated by Hyundai and Kia.
In India, cars that cost more than Rs 15 to Rs 20 lakh are generally considered as ‘premium'. Despite this trend, not a single European automobile manufacturer has an SUV in this price range and segment. It is a segment in which the aforementioned Korean manufacturers have consistently made huge profits.
With the introduction of Skoda Kushaq in this segment, Skoda is planning to capitalise on the trend to opt for European brands. The Kushaq will directly rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos.
Based on the company's MQB-A0-IN platform, the Kushaq will be roughly the same size as Creta and Seltos, and it is the brand's first model to come under its ‘India 2.0 project'. Skoda claims that the Kushaq has been specially developed to meet the demanding requirements of Indian Consumers.
The Kushaq will be available with two petrol engine options. There is a 1.0-litre TSI engine with 115bhp which will be mated either to an enthusiast-friendly 6-speed manual transmission or a quick-shifting 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
There is also a more powerful 1.5-litre TSI engine, making 150bhp and comes mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox as standard. Skoda is planning to price the Kushaq competitively with a starting price of around Rs 12 lakhs and top-end variants going up to Rs 17 lakhs. These prices are all contemplated at the moment.
Bookings for the Skoda Kushaq are set to begin towards the end of this month and deliveries are set to start in July. Zac Hollis, brand director for sales, service and marketing of Skoda India had tweeted that prices too would be revealed towards the end of June 2021.
Thoughts On Skoda Kushaq Production Starting & Bookings Beginning At The End Of June
The word ‘Kushaq' means ‘King', and it remains to be seen if the Skoda Kushaq will become the king of this segment. With a premium brand appeal and lots of features, the Skoda Kushaq will certainly be among the bestsellers in the segment. It looks like things are heating up pretty quickly in the compact SUV segment.