- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Jimmy Sheirgill Reveals Why He Was Intimidated Being Directed By Gulzar In Maachis
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
The new Skoda Fabia has been revealed. The new Skoda Fabia is built on Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 platform, which means it shares its platform with the Mk6 Volkswagen Polo. Even though the new Mk6 Polo was introduced back in 2017, It is a kind of customary procedure for Skoda to launch the Fabia a few years down the line even though it is based on the same platform.
Like the new Mk6 VW Polo, the new Skoda Fabia is much larger than the model it replaces. For starters, the new Skoda Fabia is 4,107mm long, which is not only longer than the new larger Mk6 Polo but it also makes the new Skoda Fabia fall-out of the small car (Sub-4-metre) category in India.
Speaking of the exterior dimensions, the new Skoda Fabia's wheelbase is 94mm higher than the previous-gen Skoda Fabia and just 14mm less than Skoda Laura at 2564mm. This makes way for a spacious interior and almost sedan-like boot space at 380-litres. The new Skoda Fabia is also 50mm wider and 7mm lower than the model it replaces.
The front of the new Skoda Fabia looks smart with slimmer LED headlights and a new hexagonal grille, while the sides with crisp and sharp body lines elevate the premium aura. At the rear, the new Skoda Fabia sports a two-part LED tail lamp for the first time.
The interior on the other hand is simple but with a strong sense of sophistication, which is further heightened with the use of a large 10.25-inch digital instrument panel and 9.2-inch infotainment display.
The new Skoda Fabia is also equipped with all the latest bells and whistles like dual-zone climate control, wireless charging, heated windshield, heated steering wheel, gesture control and voice assistant. On the safety front, the new Skoda Fabia comes with level 2 autonomous driving, lane tracking, adaptive cruise control, hands-free parking and emergency braking assistance.
The new Skoda Fabia comes with a choice of three petrol engines, of which two are 1.0-litre 3-cylinder units that produce 65bhp and 80bhp of power respectively. The third engine option is a more powerful 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine with 150bhp and comes mated to a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts On New Skoda Fabia Being Unveiled
The new Skoda Fabia is one of the best hatchbacks available right now, but it is still unknown whether Skoda will launch the new Fabia in India as is. The brand could cut down on the length in order to bring it under the 4-metre mark that is required to cut costs in India. More details are expected to surface as we draw closer to the launch date.