- 39 min ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- 1 hr ago Honda Bikes & Scooters Offers: Discount Benefits On Shine & Grazia Models
- 15 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 17 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Light rain, thunderstorms likely in Delhi
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Reveals The Three Things She Carries To Bed
- Finance What is the Difference Between Custodian and Depository?
- Technology Airtel Beats Reliance Jio Adds More User Active Base In February
- Sports England's IPL players unlikely to find place in Test squad against New Zealand: Reports
- Education CBSE Board Exam 2021: Decision On Class 12 Board Exam Pending, Students Seek Cancellation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
Mercedes-Benz has introduced the 2021-iteration of their popular GLC SUV in the Indian market. The new (2021) Mercedes-Benz GLC is offered with a new starting price of Rs 57.40 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new GLC SUV now comes with the brand's latest ‘Mercedes Me' connected technology. This tech first featured on the recently introduced S-Class Maestro Edition and is said to become a staple across the entire product lineup of the German luxury carmaker in India.
The new ‘Mercedes Me' technology on the new GLC offers voice recognition with Google Home and Alexa integration. The technology also offers a parking location on the in-built navigation system.
Apart from the connected technology, Mercedes-Benz has also added a number of other features and equipment as well. This includes a massaging function on the front seats, which is a first on the mid-size luxury SUV. The new GLC also comes with a new fully-digital instrument cluster, offering a more customisable experience. There is also remote engine start/stop and a parking package with a 360-degree camera on offer.
Mercedes-Benz has also introduced the 2021 GLC in two new paint schemes: Brilliant Blue and High Tech Silver.
Mechanically, however, the new (2021) Mercedes-Benz GLC remains unchanged. It carries forward the same 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engine options as before. The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 194bhp and 320Nm of peak torque, while the diesel unit churns out 192bhp and 400Nm of peak torque. Both are mated to a standard nine-speed automatic transmission.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said,
"The GLC has remained a key pillar of our SUV offense and has been the single highest selling SUV in our portfolio last year. With the 2021 GLC, we now offer a technology superior, feature enriched fully loaded mid-size SUV, which has raised the benchmark for tech, comfort and convenience in the segment significantly."
"The new intuitive Mmc technology, MBUX Telematics with Hey Mercedes and new features create a comfortable and best-in car experience. As a customer centric brand, it remains our endeavor to constantly offer new products and technology that benefits the customers and create a delightful ownership experience."
"We are confident, with the technology and feature enrichment, the GLC will continue its customer preference and extend its lead in the premium mid-size SUV segment."
Thoughts On The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC Launch In India
The Mercedes-Benz GLC is a popular mid-size luxury SUV offering in the Indian market. The new GLC in India will continue to rival the likes of the BMW X3 and the Land Rover Discovery Sport.