- 1 hr ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 17 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 18 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- News Andamans: COVID-19 tally now at 6.568
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Mercedes-Benz has begun accepting pre-launch booking for the upcoming new-generation GLA in India. The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is expected to be launched within a few days. However, there are chances that the launch might get pushed by a few weeks due to the rising Covid-19 cases in the country.
The company had showcased the new-generation GLA at the 2020 Auto Expo held in February last year. We expected the arrival of the GLA much earlier in the country. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the launch of the upcoming SUV was pushed to 2021.
The new GLA has grown in size and now features a more upright stance. The roof-line does dip at the rear. However, the dip is less aggressive as compared to the previous-gen model of the SUV. This makes for a roomier cabin.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLA will be available in both petrol and diesel engine options. It will also be available in three main variants: 200, 200d and the AMG35. The 200 and the 200d variant will be available during the launch. However, the AMG35 is expected to come at a later date.
The engine and transmission options are likely to be the same as the ones offered on the A-Class Limousine. The GLA 200 will be powered by a 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm between 1620rpm and 4000rpm. The power is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed DCT.
On the other hand, the 200d variant is expected to be available in two trims: Exclusive and AMG Line. Both will have the same 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 189bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm, mated to an 8-speed DCT. Only the AMG Line trim will be offered with the brand's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
The details of the top-spec AMG GLA 35 are yet to be known. We expect it to feature the 4Matic system mated to a seven-speed DCT. Powering the new GLA AMG 35 could be a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The 2021 GLA features redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps and a host of other changes as well. The AMG Line is expected to feature a more aggressive design with wider air intakes, all-around body cladding and more.
On the inside, the SUV will feature a large slab of glass with two displays stacked next to each other. Each of them is reserved for the instrument cluster and the infotainment system. The infotainment system will support internet connectivity and wireless smartphone connection with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature the brand's MBUX voice assistance system.
Other features include a panoramic sunroof, turbine-style AC vents, wireless smartphone charging, a multifunctional steering wheel, climate control, ambient lighting and Mercedes Pre-Safe safety package, among others.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA Pre-Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch
Mercedes-Benz is all set to introduce their entry-level SUV offering in the country. The new-generation GLA offers more room and features a more subtle stance. The launch of the new GLA could be pushed again due to the rising Covid-19 cases in the country.