- 13 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 16 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 19 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 20 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- News India-UK trade talks end on productive note
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Mercedes-Benz will be launching the much-awaited next-generation GLA in the Indian market. Ahead of the launch, the new GLA was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, the launch of the GLA was postponed to 2021 due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
According to our sources, the German automaker is expected to launch the new GLA sometime by the end of this week. The new Mercedes-Benz GLA will be avaliable in petrol and diesel variants: 200, 220d and the AMG 35. The AMG variant is expected to arrive at a later date.
The engine and transmission options are likely to be the same as the ones offered on the A-Class Limousine. The GLA 200 will be powered by a 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm between 1620rpm and 4000rpm. The power is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed DCT.
Powering the 200d variant is a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit that is all-new from the brand. It produces a maximum of 189bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm, mated to an 8-speed DCT. The 200d will be available in Exclusive and AMG Line trims. Only the AMG variant will be offered with the brand's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
The details of the top-spec AMG GLA 35 are yet to be known. We expect it to feature the brand' 4Matic system. It is also expected to be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 304bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm; mated to a seven-speed DCT.
The new GLA has grown in size and now features a more upright stance. It also features redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps and a host of other changes as well. The AMG Line is expected to feature a more aggressive design with wider air intakes, all-around body cladding and more.
On the inside, due to the new-gen GLA's more upright stance, there is an increase in cabin space. The upcoming SUV will also feature updated toys and their features. The instrument cluster and the infotainment system are placed next to each other for a seamless design.
The infotainment system will support internet connectivity and wireless smartphone connection with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature the brand latest iteration of the MBUX voice assistance system as well.
Other features include a panoramic sunroof, turbine-style AC vents, wireless smartphone charging, a multifunctional steering wheel, climate control, ambient lighting and Mercedes Pre-Safe safety package, among others.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA India Launch
The Mercedes-Benz GLA will be the brand's entry-level offering, when launched in the Indian market. It is expected to be placed lower than the A-Class Limousine. The Mercedes-Benz GLA will rival the BMW X1, Volvo XC40, and the Mini Countryman; among others.