- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News RBI decision to allow NBFCs apply for Aadhaar-e-KYC Authentication Licence to promote digitisation
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Mercedes-Benz will be launching the much-awaited next-generation GLA in the Indian market. Ahead of the launch, the new GLA was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, the launch of the GLA was postponed to 2021 due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
According to our sources, the German automaker is expected to launch the new GLA sometime by the end of this week. The new Mercedes-Benz GLA will be avaliable in petrol and diesel variants: 200, 220d and the AMG 35. The AMG variant is expected to arrive at a later date.
The engine and transmission options are likely to be the same as the ones offered on the A-Class Limousine. The GLA 200 will be powered by a 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm between 1620rpm and 4000rpm. The power is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed DCT.
Powering the 200d variant is a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit that is all-new from the brand. It produces a maximum of 189bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm, mated to an 8-speed DCT. The 200d will be available in Exclusive and AMG Line trims. Only the AMG variant will be offered with the brand's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
The details of the top-spec AMG GLA 35 are yet to be known. We expect it to feature the brand' 4Matic system. It is also expected to be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 304bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm; mated to a seven-speed DCT.
The new GLA has grown in size and now features a more upright stance. It also features redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps and a host of other changes as well. The AMG Line is expected to feature a more aggressive design with wider air intakes, all-around body cladding and more.
On the inside, due to the new-gen GLA's more upright stance, there is an increase in cabin space. The upcoming SUV will also feature updated toys and their features. The instrument cluster and the infotainment system are placed next to each other for a seamless design.
The infotainment system will support internet connectivity and wireless smartphone connection with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature the brand latest iteration of the MBUX voice assistance system as well.
Other features include a panoramic sunroof, turbine-style AC vents, wireless smartphone charging, a multifunctional steering wheel, climate control, ambient lighting and Mercedes Pre-Safe safety package, among others.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA India Launch
The Mercedes-Benz GLA will be the brand's entry-level offering, when launched in the Indian market. It is expected to be placed lower than the A-Class Limousine. The Mercedes-Benz GLA will rival the BMW X1, Volvo XC40, and the Mini Countryman; among others.