- 44 min ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 16 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 18 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- News In Pics: India displays military might, cultural heritage on Republic Day
- Sports India vs England 2021: Prolific Root has potential to surpass Tendulkar's Test record, says Boycott
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Technology What Is Digital Monopoly And Why It Is Bad For Consumers?
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on introducing the 2021 iteration of its popular Swift hatchback in the Indian market. The new (2021) Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to receive minor cosmetic updates, both inside and out while remaining unchanged mechanically.
The new facelift version of the Swift hatchback has already been unveiled in certain international markets. The new version of the Swift hatchback is finally said to enter India sometime in mid-2021. Ahead of its launch, the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift has been spied testing by Motorbeam in India for the first time.
The spy pics reveal a completely uncamouflaged Swift hatchback, with just the front grille wrapped. This is because the new global-spec Swift hatchback features a diamond-stud-pattern mesh grille, which is expected to make its way to the Indian market as well.
Apart from the new grille at the front, the 2021 Swift is also expected to feature a dual-tone paint scheme and a new set of alloy wheels design as well. While the dual-tone paint scheme can be seen, the alloy wheels seem to have been carried over from the current model.
Interiors of the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to remain identical to the current model as well, with minimal changes or revisions. The cabin on the 2021 Swift hatchback will continue to feature the same feature and equipment list as before.
This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with SmartPlay Studio, automatic climate control, black upholstery all around, flat-bottom steering wheel, MID on the instrument cluster and many others.
Mechanically, the new (2021) India-spec Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to be powered by the same 1.2-litre dualjet petrol engine. It produces 89bhp and 113Nm of peak torque and mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift
The Maruti Suzuki Swift was last updated back in 2017-18 and definitely needs a mid-cycle refresh. The company is working on the same and is scheduled to introduce the updated hatchback later this year.
Once introduced, the 2021 Maruti Swift will continue to rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10 in the Indian market.