- 8 hrs ago New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Railway Transportation Milestone Mark Achieved: Ships Over 7.2 Lakh Vehicles
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold As The Toyota Belta: Here Are All The Details!
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Launched In India At Rs 93,690: The Naked-Street Enters The 125cc Segment
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 April 20 Highlights: Bigg Boss Takes Away All The Luxuries From The Contestants
- Sports European Super League: Breakaway competition appears to crumble as Chelsea, Man City lead reported exodus
- News Indian COVID variant still under investigation in UK, not yet of concern: Boris Johnson
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Lifestyle 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on introducing the 2021 iteration of its popular Swift hatchback in the Indian market. The new (2021) Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to receive minor cosmetic updates, both inside and out while remaining unchanged mechanically.
The new facelift version of the Swift hatchback has already been unveiled in certain international markets. The new version of the Swift hatchback is finally said to enter India sometime in mid-2021. Ahead of its launch, the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift has been spied testing by Motorbeam in India for the first time.
The spy pics reveal a completely uncamouflaged Swift hatchback, with just the front grille wrapped. This is because the new global-spec Swift hatchback features a diamond-stud-pattern mesh grille, which is expected to make its way to the Indian market as well.
Apart from the new grille at the front, the 2021 Swift is also expected to feature a dual-tone paint scheme and a new set of alloy wheels design as well. While the dual-tone paint scheme can be seen, the alloy wheels seem to have been carried over from the current model.
Interiors of the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to remain identical to the current model as well, with minimal changes or revisions. The cabin on the 2021 Swift hatchback will continue to feature the same feature and equipment list as before.
This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with SmartPlay Studio, automatic climate control, black upholstery all around, flat-bottom steering wheel, MID on the instrument cluster and many others.
Mechanically, the new (2021) India-spec Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to be powered by the same 1.2-litre dualjet petrol engine. It produces 89bhp and 113Nm of peak torque and mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift
The Maruti Suzuki Swift was last updated back in 2017-18 and definitely needs a mid-cycle refresh. The company is working on the same and is scheduled to introduce the updated hatchback later this year.
Once introduced, the 2021 Maruti Swift will continue to rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10 in the Indian market.