- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Prices Hiked — Increase Of Up To Rs 15,000 Across Variants
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive This Festive Season
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift & Dzire CNG India Launch Soon: Expected To Use 1.2-Litre Dual-Jet Engine
- 22 hrs ago Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch: New Milestone Achieved!
- Technology ZTE Axon 30 Launched With New-generation Under-display Camera & 12GB RAM
- Sports Badminton legend Nandu Natekar passes away at 88
- Finance 3 Most Recent Updates From UIDAI For Parents
- Movies Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra Says He Was Devastated When Delhi-6 Flopped; 'I Wanted To Drink Myself To Death'
- Education Bihar Board Dummy Registration Card 2022 For Class 10th And 12th At biharboardonline.com
- News To celebrate his birthday, this engineer snatches a woman’s earrings
- Lifestyle Floral Or Striped, Which Pantsuit Of Mimi Actress Sai Tamhankar Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on introducing the 2021 iteration of its popular Swift hatchback in the Indian market. The new (2021) Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to receive minor cosmetic updates, both inside and out while remaining unchanged mechanically.
The new facelift version of the Swift hatchback has already been unveiled in certain international markets. The new version of the Swift hatchback is finally said to enter India sometime in mid-2021. Ahead of its launch, the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift has been spied testing by Motorbeam in India for the first time.
The spy pics reveal a completely uncamouflaged Swift hatchback, with just the front grille wrapped. This is because the new global-spec Swift hatchback features a diamond-stud-pattern mesh grille, which is expected to make its way to the Indian market as well.
Apart from the new grille at the front, the 2021 Swift is also expected to feature a dual-tone paint scheme and a new set of alloy wheels design as well. While the dual-tone paint scheme can be seen, the alloy wheels seem to have been carried over from the current model.
Interiors of the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to remain identical to the current model as well, with minimal changes or revisions. The cabin on the 2021 Swift hatchback will continue to feature the same feature and equipment list as before.
This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with SmartPlay Studio, automatic climate control, black upholstery all around, flat-bottom steering wheel, MID on the instrument cluster and many others.
Mechanically, the new (2021) India-spec Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to be powered by the same 1.2-litre dualjet petrol engine. It produces 89bhp and 113Nm of peak torque and mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift
The Maruti Suzuki Swift was last updated back in 2017-18 and definitely needs a mid-cycle refresh. The company is working on the same and is scheduled to introduce the updated hatchback later this year.
Once introduced, the 2021 Maruti Swift will continue to rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10 in the Indian market.