- 8 hrs ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 8 hrs ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 22 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 1 day ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- News West Bengal polls: EC imposes 24-hour campaign ban on BJP's Sayantan Basu, TMC's Sujata Mondal
- Movies Raiza Wilson's Skin Treatment Goes Horribly Wrong; Actress Lashes Out Against Dermatologist
- Sports IPL 2021: DC vs PBKS Match 11: Toss report and playing 11 update – Smith handed Delhi debut
- Education JEE Main Exam 2021 News: JEE Main 2021 Postponed For April Session, Dates To Announced Later. Check Details
- Lifestyle What Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on a couple of projects along with Toyota to introduce a few new models in the market. Apart from the joint-venture projects, the company is also working on revamping some of its models that are on sale in its line-up. This includes the premium entry-level Celerio hatchback.
The next-generation Celerio hatchback has been spotted testing several times in the country ahead of its launch. Latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveals an undisguised test mule of the next-gen Celerio hatchback.
Although the images are only taken from the side of the hatchback, it does reveal a couple of design changes on the new-gen model. This includes the newly redesigned taillamps, that looks inspired from the units as seen on the Baleno premium hatchback.
It also reveals the new tailgate design which is curvier and rounded as compared to the old-gen model. Other details include a Suzuki badging which is placed on the centre of the boot lid next to above the pull-up handle to open the boot-lid.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the new-gen Celerio will feature a host of changes inside and out over the previous-gen model of the hatchback. 2021 Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform that is already being used by other models in the line-up.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The second-gen Celerio is expected to feature a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model, which results in improved cabin space, especially for rear-seat occupants.
The new-gen Celerio hatchback seems to have grown in dimensions as compared to the outgoing model. It looks like the hatchback has been given a crossover stance with improved ground clearance as well.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo complete design revision inside and out. Exterior changes could include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
We also expect the new-gen hatchback to feature the brand's latest iteration of SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. Other expected features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control, dual-tone upholstery and more.
The engine on the new-gen Celerio is expected to remain unchanged from the outgoing model. It will be powered by the same K10B petrol engine that produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm. It comes mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The CNG offering on the current Celerio hatchback is also expected to be carried over to the next-gen model.
Thoughts About The Next-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been a game-changer for the brand by AMT automatics popular among the masses in the country. However, the hatchback was first launched over seven years ago and is due for a significant upgrades front the company.