- 1 hr ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 10 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- News PM Modi to address nation on July 29 over completion of one year of new National Education Policy
- Movies Swara Bhasker Reacts To Tweet Calling Manika Batra 'More Talented & Beautiful' Than Her
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Indian women pay the penalty as Germany win 2-0
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21 FE To Skip Galaxy Unpacked Event; What Other Variants To Expect?
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on a couple of projects along with Toyota to introduce a few new models in the market. Apart from the joint-venture projects, the company is also working on revamping some of its models that are on sale in its line-up. This includes the premium entry-level Celerio hatchback.
The next-generation Celerio hatchback has been spotted testing several times in the country ahead of its launch. Latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveals an undisguised test mule of the next-gen Celerio hatchback.
Although the images are only taken from the side of the hatchback, it does reveal a couple of design changes on the new-gen model. This includes the newly redesigned taillamps, that looks inspired from the units as seen on the Baleno premium hatchback.
It also reveals the new tailgate design which is curvier and rounded as compared to the old-gen model. Other details include a Suzuki badging which is placed on the centre of the boot lid next to above the pull-up handle to open the boot-lid.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the new-gen Celerio will feature a host of changes inside and out over the previous-gen model of the hatchback. 2021 Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform that is already being used by other models in the line-up.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The second-gen Celerio is expected to feature a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model, which results in improved cabin space, especially for rear-seat occupants.
The new-gen Celerio hatchback seems to have grown in dimensions as compared to the outgoing model. It looks like the hatchback has been given a crossover stance with improved ground clearance as well.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo complete design revision inside and out. Exterior changes could include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
We also expect the new-gen hatchback to feature the brand's latest iteration of SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. Other expected features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control, dual-tone upholstery and more.
The engine on the new-gen Celerio is expected to remain unchanged from the outgoing model. It will be powered by the same K10B petrol engine that produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm. It comes mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The CNG offering on the current Celerio hatchback is also expected to be carried over to the next-gen model.
Thoughts About The Next-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been a game-changer for the brand by AMT automatics popular among the masses in the country. However, the hatchback was first launched over seven years ago and is due for a significant upgrades front the company.