- 18 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 1 hr ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Govts of Assam, Mizoram agree on deployment of neutral central force along disturbed border
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio design has been leaked via patent images surfaced online. The pictures reveal a couple of exterior design elements of the new Celerio ahead of its India launch. It also reveals the changes in the overall silhouette of the car, which gives it a more upright stance.
The leaked patent images confirm a couple of changes made to the 2021 Celerio. Speaking about the design, Maruti Suzuki already stated that the new Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The new platform on the second-gen Celerio will give a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model resulting in improved cabin space.
Additional space from the new Heartect platform is expected to be added at the back to increase legroom for rear passengers.
This also means a larger footprint over the existing model. With the increase in footprint, the hatchback now features a crossover-ish stance with improved ground clearance as well. Actual dimensions number could be revealed at the time of unveiling.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo design revision inside and out. Exterior changes include new projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
Inside, the new Celerio will feature the brand's SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. Other enhancements such as new upholstery, dashboard design and new seats are expected on the new-gen hatchback.
Apart from the design, the new Celerio will feature changes under the bonnet. The hatchback is expected to be offered with the 1.2-litre K12 unit that currently powers the WagnoR and other models in the brand's line-up.
The 1.2-litre engine churns out a maximum of 82bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 4200rpm. The new engine will be sold alongside the existing 1.0-litre unit on the outgoing Celerio.
The 1.0-litre engine produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm.
Both engines come mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The company is expected to continue the petrol-CNG offering on the second-generation Celerio hatchback on the lower-spec 1.0-litre engine.
Although Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm the launch of the new Celerio hatchback, we reckon the new hatchback could arrive by the end of 2021.
Thoughts About The New Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
The Celerio has been on sale since 2014 in India and has not received any major design updates from the brand. The outgoing Celerio hatchback is in its first-generation design. As a result, the new model launching will only be the second generation of the hatchback.
Image Source: Suzuki Garage