- 3 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 4 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 5 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Reveals She Suffered Slipped Disc At 19; Says She Feels Fat And Cries In Gym
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Mahindra is all set to launch the next-generation model of the Scorpio SUV in the Indian market. The company is expected to introduce the new-gen SUV sometime during the first half of 2021. Ahead of its launch, the new Scorpio has been spotted testing yet again in the Indian market.
Spy images from Zigwheels, reveals a completely camouflaged test mule of the upcoming new-gen Scorpio SUV. Despite the camouflage, we could notice some of its new design elements and few other changes made to the workhorse.
Also, seems like the company is testing the next-generation at the Himalayas. This could be to check the high altitude performance of new powertrain options that are expected under the bonnet of the 2021 Scorpio.
The 2021 Mahindra Scorpio is expected to features huge upgrades over the outgoing model. It is also expected to be bigger than the current-gen model making for improved cabin space. Other features revealed from the spy images include an all-new front fascia with a wider grille, restyled LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, and reworked bumpers; among others.
The new Scorpio is also expected to receive a new boot lid design along with updated LED taillamp. The side profile of the SUV will also be new because of a bigger footprint and will feature a new alloy design as well.
Mahindra is expected to give the next-gen Scorpio a major overhaul to its interiors design as compared to the outgoing model of the SUV. Changes would start with an inclusion of a larger infotainment display that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology.
The bigger footprint of the SUV is expected to make for more space on the third-row, which could be offered with forward-facing seats on the new-gen model. The spy images also reveal the factory-fitted sunroof seen on the test mule of the SUV.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with a petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra Thar. This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit.
Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company could offer the Scorpio with an optional automatic adding to the list of convenient features of the new-gen SUV.
Ahead of its launch, the company has registered a couple of names for the upcoming new-generation SUV. The latest name to be registered by the brand is ‘ScorpioN', which could be a performance variant of the upcoming new-gen SUV model. In addition to the ScorpioN, the company has also registered the name Sting for its workhorse.
The Sting and the N could be something similar to the AX and LX variants of the Thar catering to enthusiasts and general SUV buyers in the country. The company is yet to make an official statement on both names registered in the country for the 2021 Scorpio SUV.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch
Mahindra is all set to revamp a majority of its SUV line-up in the country. The company started off by launching the all-new Thar. The Scorpio SUV might be next in line to receive a next-generation update from the company.