- 14 min ago Hyundai Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- 19 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 1 day ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- News Covid-19: India logs 281,860 new infections; Maharashtra sees 974 deaths
- Sports IPL 2021: 38 Australia cricketers including David Warner, Steve Smith, Pat Cummins reach home from Maldives
- Movies Aryan Khan's Picture From Graduation Ceremony Goes Viral; Fans Congratulate Proud Parents SRK & Gauri Khan
- Technology COVID-19 Symptoms Monitoring: Best Smart Bands With Spo2 Monitor To Buy In India
- Finance Should You Invest In Fixed Deposits With Free Life Insurance Benefits?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Kia Motors India is expected to launch the new Sonet in the Indian market. The updated compact SUV is expected to go on sale in the coming weeks. Ahead of its launch, we have images of the new Sonet playing on Indian roads.
Images shared by one of our readers reveals that the updated Sonet with the new KIA logo. The new badge will be placed at the front and back of the compact SUV indicating the updated model.
The company is also expected to make a few changes to the variants of the Kia Sonet. All changes made to the trim levels of the Sonet is expected to offer buyers a much more streamlined experience to choose the variants.
Kia Motors has already removed the HTX+ trim from the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel automatic variants. The updated compact SUV was also spotted with paddle shitters on what seems to be the top-spec trim of the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol variant. Other changes made to the trims of the compact SUV is expected to be revealed at the time of launch.
The Kia Sonet was launched in India on September 18, 2020. Currently, the Sonet is priced between Rs 6.79 lakh and Rs 13.20 lakh, ex-showroom (India). We spent some time with the Sonet to bring you the first impressions of the compact SUV — here are all details.
Kia Motors is offering the Sonet with a host of engine and transmission options. The 1.2-litre unit produces 84bhp and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual. While the top-spec 1.0-litre unit produces 119bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed iMT.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is available in two configurations: a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp/240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm.
The diesel with WGT engine is offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit comes mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
The Kia Sonet comes packed with a host of features including the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected technology with AI assistance. The company is also expected to update the UVO technology with new features and additional voice commands.
Some of the other highlighted features include a wireless smartphone charger, an electric sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment display, ABS with EBD, multiple airbags, roll-over mitigation, cruiser control, front and rear parking sensors and more.
Thoughts About The 2021 Kia Sonet Spotted Ahead Of India Launch
The more spottings of the updated Kia Sonet, the launch of the compact SUV could be closer. The starting price and the top-spec pricing is expected to remain unchanged from the outgoing model. However, pricing in the middle is expected to be revised due to the change in the trims levels of the compact SUV.