- 9 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Kia Motors is said to be developing an all-new MPV for the Indian market. The new Kia MPV for India codenamed 'KY' is said to be positioned below the brand's Carnival offering and will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga in the segment.
According to reports from ElectricVehicleWeb.in, the new Kia MPV will be offered in a seven-seater configuration and is expected to go on sale in the market sometime in January 2022.
Similar to the Kia Seltos and the Sonet offerings, the new MPV will also be locally manufactured in India. The production will take place at the company's Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh. Reports also suggest, while a name for the MPV is yet to be decided, Kia Motors could choose something which suits both the domestic and international markets.
The new Kia MPV is also said to borrow its underpinnings from the Seltos SUV. This could translate to the new MPV also carrying forward the same engine options as the Seltos. To reiterate, the Kia Seltos is powered by a choice of three engines: two petrol and one diesel.
This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel unit, both producing 115bhp with 142Nm and 250Nm of peak torque respectively. Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the diesel offered with an optional automatic transmission as well.
There is also a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine, churning out 140bhp and 240Nm of peak torque. This engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission. Reports suggest that the new MPV from Kia could also feature mild-hybrid technology at some point in its lifecycle.
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019, with the Seltos and since then have introduced two other models in the market: Carnival and Sonet. All three models have gone on to receive an extremely positive response in their respective segments as well.
The new Kia MPV being positioned below the Carnival, will make it a more affordable offering in the Indian market. Unlike the Kia Carnival, the new MPV will be a mass-volume offering, expected to bring in large sales numbers for the brand, similar to the Seltos and the Sonet.
Thoughts On The New Kia MPV Coming To India Soon
The new Kia MPV coming to India will be locally manufactured at the company's facility here. Prices for the new MPV are expected to be in the same range as its competition.