- 3 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- 23 hrs ago TVS Ventures Into Personal E-Mobility Business With EGO Movement; All-Cash Deal Through Its Subsidiary
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- News Captain Amarinder Singh Resigns: Who will be next Punjab CM?
- Sports Durand Cup: Group C opens up as Delhi FC and Bengaluru FC play a well contested draw
- Movies Mira Rajput Shares A Candid Pic Of Herself, Her Caption Has A Connection With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Finance Top 4 Private Sector Banks Promising Interest Up To 7% On 5 Year Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
The new Kia Carnival will be launched in 2022 in the Indian market. Kia is gearing up to bring the new Carnival to India by 2022, this claim is further backed by the statement given by Mr Tae Jin (Kia India Executive Director, Chief of Sales and Business Strategy Officer) during a recent media discussion.
The new Kia Carnival will be built on a completely new platform; As a result, it is bigger than the existing model in almost every dimension. The new Kia Carnival is 40mm longer, 10mm wider, and 20mm taller than the existing model, while the wheelbase has also been stretched by 30mm to match the new larger dimensions.
The new model also looks completely different to the model it replaces with a much bolder SUV-like stance rather than a people mover. The interior also has its own share of upgrades to show, like the new dashboard design, a digital instrument cluster, a larger touchscreen infotainment system, a rotary gear selector knob, and a new climate control panel.
The infotainment system packs in a quirky feature, that lets you view the rear passengers on the screen through a camera. Despite the SUV-like silhouette, the new Carnival still retains the sliding door for its passengers.
It is worth mentioning that the upcoming Kia Carnival will be utilising the same 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine that pushes out 199.2bhp and 440Nm. It will also retain the same 8-speed automatic gearbox. It is unclear whether Kia will bring the 290bhp 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine to the Indian market.
The 3rd generation Kia Carnival currently retails from Rs 24.95 lakh to 33.95 lakh (ex-showroom India), expect the new 4th generation Kia Carnival to be sold with a slightly higher price tag.
Thoughts On The New Kia Carnival's India Launch In 2022
The Kia Carnival is one of the best and most luxurious people-movers in the country. It can comfortably seat a large number of people and makes for a brilliant vehicle whether it is commuting or on long drives. We expect the new model to be better than the current one.