- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 17 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- News Narendra Giri death: It’s not his handwriting in suicide note, claims Niranjani Akhara chief
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Jeep has announced that the 2021 Wrangler SUV will go on sale in India from 15 March 2021. The new (2021) Jeep Wrangler will be locally assembled at the brand's facility in India, allowing the SUV to be priced competitively in the segment.
Ahead of its launch, however, Jeep has also announced the start of pre-bookings for the 2021 Wrangler model. Customers can book the 2021 Jeep Wrangler either online or at any of the dealerships across India, with deliveries said to start soon after launch.
Jeep has also commenced assembly of the 2021 Wrangler SUV at its Ranjangaon facility in Maharashtra. The Wrangler will be imported to India as a SKD (Semi-Knocked Down) unit, rather than as a CBU.
The SKD units of the 2021 Wrangler will benefit from lower taxation, which will be passed on to the customers. Once launched in India, expect the 2021 Jeep Wrangler SUVs to be priced substantially lower than the previous Rs 63.94 lakh, ex-showroom (India) tag.
Partha Datta, Managing Director, Jeep India said,
"Jeep has always represented the ultimate in capability and open-air freedom, and we are incredibly proud that our Made-in-India Wrangler protects that important legacy in the market."
He further added, "The Jeep Wrangler is the second out of the four localised products we committed to launch in India. We wanted to make the world's most recognised SUV even more accessible to our Indian customers and we are pleased to be able to meet their aspirations."
The made-in-India 2021 Jeep Wrangler will carry forward the same iconic design and styling of the SUV. There will, however, be a few new additional features and equipment on-board. This includes a new 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with UConnect, passive keyless entry, push-button start/stop, leather upholstery all around and premium soft-touch material on the dash.
The outgoing version of the Jeep Wrangler is offered in two variants: Standard and Rubicon. However, Jeep is yet to announce the variant-lineup of the 2021 version of the SUV. The company is also yet to confirm the powertrain options which will be offered.
Having said that, we expect the 2021 Jeep Wrangler to continue being powered by the same 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces 262bhp and 400Nm of peak torque and paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Launch Date & Booking Details
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler once launched in India will be offered at much competitive pricing. This should help the already popular off-roader to take on its rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz G 350d and the Land Rover Defender.