- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 9 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Jeep has announced that the 2021 Wrangler SUV will go on sale in India from 15 March 2021. The new (2021) Jeep Wrangler will be locally assembled at the brand's facility in India, allowing the SUV to be priced competitively in the segment.
Ahead of its launch, however, Jeep has also announced the start of pre-bookings for the 2021 Wrangler model. Customers can book the 2021 Jeep Wrangler either online or at any of the dealerships across India, with deliveries said to start soon after launch.
Jeep has also commenced assembly of the 2021 Wrangler SUV at its Ranjangaon facility in Maharashtra. The Wrangler will be imported to India as a SKD (Semi-Knocked Down) unit, rather than as a CBU.
The SKD units of the 2021 Wrangler will benefit from lower taxation, which will be passed on to the customers. Once launched in India, expect the 2021 Jeep Wrangler SUVs to be priced substantially lower than the previous Rs 63.94 lakh, ex-showroom (India) tag.
Partha Datta, Managing Director, Jeep India said,
"Jeep has always represented the ultimate in capability and open-air freedom, and we are incredibly proud that our Made-in-India Wrangler protects that important legacy in the market."
He further added, "The Jeep Wrangler is the second out of the four localised products we committed to launch in India. We wanted to make the world's most recognised SUV even more accessible to our Indian customers and we are pleased to be able to meet their aspirations."
The made-in-India 2021 Jeep Wrangler will carry forward the same iconic design and styling of the SUV. There will, however, be a few new additional features and equipment on-board. This includes a new 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with UConnect, passive keyless entry, push-button start/stop, leather upholstery all around and premium soft-touch material on the dash.
The outgoing version of the Jeep Wrangler is offered in two variants: Standard and Rubicon. However, Jeep is yet to announce the variant-lineup of the 2021 version of the SUV. The company is also yet to confirm the powertrain options which will be offered.
Having said that, we expect the 2021 Jeep Wrangler to continue being powered by the same 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces 262bhp and 400Nm of peak torque and paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Launch Date & Booking Details
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler once launched in India will be offered at much competitive pricing. This should help the already popular off-roader to take on its rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz G 350d and the Land Rover Defender.