- 14 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 16 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- Technology Realme 8s Renders Leak Revealing Possible Design
- Movies Radhe Shyam Release Date Is Here! Prabhas-Pooja Hegde’s Romantic Drama To Hit Cinemas On January 14
- News Polls in PoK a cosmetic exercise says India
- Sports Tokyo 2020: MP Jabir finishes seventh in 400M hurdles heats; fails to qualify
- Education SEBA Result 2021: Check Assam HSLC Result 2021 Link And Download Marksheet
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy With Upside Potential of 17%, Says ICICI Direct
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Her Two Stunning Outfits; Which Look Did You Like More
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
2020 Hyundai Creta is the best-selling car in the mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. The company has just announced that the 2020 Creta model has achieved over 1.21 lakh sales in the Indian market.
The new-generation Creta model was introduced in the Indian market in February 2020 in the country. Ever since it's first launched last year, the SUV has found its way to homes of over 1.2 lakh customers in the country.
According to Hyundai, the SX and the SX (O) variants have contributed to over 51 per cent in total sales of the new Creta. This means over 1.2 lakh SUVs sold in the country belong to top-spec trims of the Creta.
Speaking about the ratio between petrol and diesel variants of the Creta sold in the Indian market. The 1.5-litre diesel variant constitutes over 60 per cent of total sales.
As a result, over 72,000 SUVs sold are diesel Creta variants. This indicates that the demand for diesel powertrain is very much present, even after the shift to stricter BS6 emission norms.
Moving to the demand for automatic variants over manual trims of the Creta. According to the company over 20 per cent of all SUVs sold are equipped with automatic transmissions. The SUV is offered with several automatic transmission options as well.
The Hyundai Creta has been the best-selling SUV model for the brand in the domestic market. The automaker has sold over 5.8 lakh units of the Creta since it was first launched back in the year 2015. The company has also announced that over 2.16 Creta SUVs have been exported under the Make in India initiative.
The Hyundai Creta is offered with a host of engine and powertrain options. This includes the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, and the 1.4-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol unit as well. All three engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox with an optional automatic transmission.
The 1.5-litre petrol comes mated to a six-speed CVT, while the 1.5-litre diesel comes mated to a torque converter unit. The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai Creta Sales Cross 1.2 Lakh Units In A Year
The Hyundai Creta SUV is among the popular choice for buyers in the mid-size SUV segment. The SUV features diesel and turbo-petrol engines along with automatic transmission options, which are very much in demand in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Creta rivals the Kia Seltos, the Tata Harrier, the MG Hector and the Jeep Compass; among others in the Indian market.