- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 3 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Technology Flipkart Smartphone Carnival April: Offer On Best Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Finance All You Need To Know About SBI Zero Balance Savings Account
- Movies Aditya Seal On His Wedding Plans With Girlfriend Anushka Ranjan: There Is A Lot To Achieve And Prove
- News Monsoon to be normal this season, says government
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca and Madrid wary of Haaland price
- Education ICSE, ISC Exam 2021: CISCE Reconsiders Class 10, 12 Board Exam Dates, Check Details
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
2020 Hyundai Creta is the best-selling car in the mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. The company has just announced that the 2020 Creta model has achieved over 1.21 lakh sales in the Indian market.
The new-generation Creta model was introduced in the Indian market in February 2020 in the country. Ever since it's first launched last year, the SUV has found its way to homes of over 1.2 lakh customers in the country.
According to Hyundai, the SX and the SX (O) variants have contributed to over 51 per cent in total sales of the new Creta. This means over 1.2 lakh SUVs sold in the country belong to top-spec trims of the Creta.
Speaking about the ratio between petrol and diesel variants of the Creta sold in the Indian market. The 1.5-litre diesel variant constitutes over 60 per cent of total sales.
As a result, over 72,000 SUVs sold are diesel Creta variants. This indicates that the demand for diesel powertrain is very much present, even after the shift to stricter BS6 emission norms.
Moving to the demand for automatic variants over manual trims of the Creta. According to the company over 20 per cent of all SUVs sold are equipped with automatic transmissions. The SUV is offered with several automatic transmission options as well.
The Hyundai Creta has been the best-selling SUV model for the brand in the domestic market. The automaker has sold over 5.8 lakh units of the Creta since it was first launched back in the year 2015. The company has also announced that over 2.16 Creta SUVs have been exported under the Make in India initiative.
The Hyundai Creta is offered with a host of engine and powertrain options. This includes the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, and the 1.4-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol unit as well. All three engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox with an optional automatic transmission.
The 1.5-litre petrol comes mated to a six-speed CVT, while the 1.5-litre diesel comes mated to a torque converter unit. The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai Creta Sales Cross 1.2 Lakh Units In A Year
The Hyundai Creta SUV is among the popular choice for buyers in the mid-size SUV segment. The SUV features diesel and turbo-petrol engines along with automatic transmission options, which are very much in demand in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Creta rivals the Kia Seltos, the Tata Harrier, the MG Hector and the Jeep Compass; among others in the Indian market.