- 15 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 21 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets The Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine; Shares The News On Social Media
- Sports West Brom 1-2 Liverpool: Alisson keeps Reds' Champions League hopes alive
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Ford is all set to introduce a new variant of their popular EcoSport SUV in India, in the form of the 'SE' trim. The new Ford EcoSport SE variant is expected to go on sale in the coming weeks, with the new variant of the sub-4-metre SUV already having been spotted arriving at company dealerships.
As per the spy pics released by GaadiWaadi, the new Ford EcoSport SE trim will come with a major design change at the rear. This comes in the form of an updated tailgate, which now misses out on the spare wheel.
In place of the missing spare wheel, the tailgate will now have the housing for the registration plate. The tailgate though will continue to be side-hinged as before, without any changes. The reason for the revision is said to be based on customer feedback, looking at the export units of the SUV.
With its removal, the SUV will completely miss out on a spare wheel. However, this still comes under the rules of MoRTH, which allows all vehicles under the M1 category to be sold without a spare wheel in the market. Having said that, Ford will be offering a few other features such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), tubeless tyres and a puncture repair kit on the new SE variant of the 2021 EcoSport.
Apart from the changes to the rear profile, no other updates are expected to be made. The new SE trim will continue to be powered by the same set of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The engine will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the optional six-speed torque-converter also on offer.
The new SE trim on the Ford EcoSport will be positioned below the top-spec ‘Titanium' variant. This will also allow it to come packed with a host of features and equipment, both inside and out.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport SE Trim Without Spare Wheel
The new Ford EcoSport variant is being introduced based on customer feedback, with the company hoping it will increase the appeal for the SUV, amidst the growing competition. The new Ford EcoSport will rival the likes of the Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet and the Tata Nexon.