- 29 min ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike By Upto Rs 3,000 Announced For September 2021: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities
- 17 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- Finance Nifty Bank Dips After Hitting Fresh-High; PSU Bank Index Falls 3%
- Technology Realme Confirms Narzo 50 India Launch On September 24; Helio G85, 50MP AI Camera In Tow
- Movies Anniyan Producer V Ravichandran Says He Will Also Remake The Film Amid Tussle With Shankar Over Hindi Version
- News Mumbai police register case against Sahil Khan for instigating Manoj Patil to attempt suicide
- Sports Will Virat Kohli quit Royal Challengers Bangalore captaincy? Here's who all can replace Kohli as RCB captain!
- Education UPCET Answer Key 2021 Released By NTA For UG, PG Entrance Test
- Lifestyle Vijay Devarakonda, Allu Sirish, And Dulquer Salmaan Stun Us With Their Fashion Game
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
Ford is all set to introduce a new variant of their popular EcoSport SUV in India, in the form of the 'SE' trim. The new Ford EcoSport SE variant is expected to go on sale in the coming weeks, with the new variant of the sub-4-metre SUV already having been spotted arriving at company dealerships.
As per the spy pics released by GaadiWaadi, the new Ford EcoSport SE trim will come with a major design change at the rear. This comes in the form of an updated tailgate, which now misses out on the spare wheel.
In place of the missing spare wheel, the tailgate will now have the housing for the registration plate. The tailgate though will continue to be side-hinged as before, without any changes. The reason for the revision is said to be based on customer feedback, looking at the export units of the SUV.
With its removal, the SUV will completely miss out on a spare wheel. However, this still comes under the rules of MoRTH, which allows all vehicles under the M1 category to be sold without a spare wheel in the market. Having said that, Ford will be offering a few other features such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), tubeless tyres and a puncture repair kit on the new SE variant of the 2021 EcoSport.
Apart from the changes to the rear profile, no other updates are expected to be made. The new SE trim will continue to be powered by the same set of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The engine will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the optional six-speed torque-converter also on offer.
The new SE trim on the Ford EcoSport will be positioned below the top-spec ‘Titanium' variant. This will also allow it to come packed with a host of features and equipment, both inside and out.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport SE Trim Without Spare Wheel
The new Ford EcoSport variant is being introduced based on customer feedback, with the company hoping it will increase the appeal for the SUV, amidst the growing competition. The new Ford EcoSport will rival the likes of the Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet and the Tata Nexon.