- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Ford India has launched the 2021 EcoSport SUV in the Indian market. The new Ford EcoSport is, however, just a model year update offered with subtle changes and a few new feature additions.
The new (MY2021) Ford EcoSport is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This makes it more affordable compared to the older version by Rs 35,000.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport is offered in a range of five variants: Ambiente, Trend, Titanium, Titanium+ and Sports. All variants are offered with a choice of both petrol and diesel engine options (apart from the TItanium+), with the top-spec trim priced at Rs 11.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here are the Variant-wise prices of the 2021 Ford EcoSport:
|Ecosport||Petrol Price||Diesel Price|
Other changes on the 2021 Ford EcoSport include the addition of the factory-fitted electric sunroof on the ‘Titanium' trim. The electric sunroof was previously available only on the top-spec Sports variant.
The new Ford EcoSport also comes with FordPass connected car tech. The new tech allows customers to connect their SUV to their smartphones and operate a number of features remotely. This includes starting, stopping, lock & unlock and AC controls; all via the FordPass app.
Apart from the above additions, the 2021 Ford EcoSport remains mostly the same. The compact-SUV carries forward all the same features from the older MY2020 model. This includes 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SYNC3 tech, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic headlamps, push-button start/stop, steering-mounted controls, rain-sensing wipers, six airbags, ABS with EBD and a host of others.
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport also comes powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol engine produces 123bhp and 150Nm of peak torque and the diesel engine churns out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The petrol engine is further offered with an optional six-speed torque-converter automatic option as well.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport Launched In India
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport has been subtly revised in the Indian market, offering a few additional features, while also reducing its prices. This should make it a more attractive offering, especially in a highly contested segment.
The Ford EcoSport continues to rival the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the recently introduced Nissan Magnite.