- 12 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Ford India has launched the 2021 EcoSport SUV in the Indian market. The new Ford EcoSport is, however, just a model year update offered with subtle changes and a few new feature additions.
The new (MY2021) Ford EcoSport is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This makes it more affordable compared to the older version by Rs 35,000.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport is offered in a range of five variants: Ambiente, Trend, Titanium, Titanium+ and Sports. All variants are offered with a choice of both petrol and diesel engine options (apart from the TItanium+), with the top-spec trim priced at Rs 11.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here are the Variant-wise prices of the 2021 Ford EcoSport:
|Ecosport||Petrol Price||Diesel Price|
Other changes on the 2021 Ford EcoSport include the addition of the factory-fitted electric sunroof on the ‘Titanium' trim. The electric sunroof was previously available only on the top-spec Sports variant.
The new Ford EcoSport also comes with FordPass connected car tech. The new tech allows customers to connect their SUV to their smartphones and operate a number of features remotely. This includes starting, stopping, lock & unlock and AC controls; all via the FordPass app.
Apart from the above additions, the 2021 Ford EcoSport remains mostly the same. The compact-SUV carries forward all the same features from the older MY2020 model. This includes 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SYNC3 tech, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic headlamps, push-button start/stop, steering-mounted controls, rain-sensing wipers, six airbags, ABS with EBD and a host of others.
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport also comes powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol engine produces 123bhp and 150Nm of peak torque and the diesel engine churns out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The petrol engine is further offered with an optional six-speed torque-converter automatic option as well.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport Launched In India
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport has been subtly revised in the Indian market, offering a few additional features, while also reducing its prices. This should make it a more attractive offering, especially in a highly contested segment.
The Ford EcoSport continues to rival the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the recently introduced Nissan Magnite.