- News White with Tricolour motif is PM Modi’s turban for 75 year of Indian Independence
- Movies Ratan Raajputh Recalls Dreadful Incident From Her Theatre Days, Reveals Being Dragged By A Boy Into Jungle
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, Redmi Note 11, Z Flip 4, And More
- Sports Maharaja Trophy: Abhinav Manohar’s heroics leads Mangalore United to thrilling win against Gulbarga Mystics
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Passes Away At 62: 5 Facts About The Ace Investor
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
- Lifestyle Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
Force Motors unveils the 2021 Gurkha off-road SUV in India ahead of launch. The new off-road SUV is now BS6 compliant and features a host of changes inside and out. However, it continues to be offered with a single engine and transmission option.
- LED headlamps with LED DRLs
- Blacked out the front bumper
- Engine bash plate
- Fog lamps
- Indicators placed above fenders
- All-around body cladding
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Manual AC
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- 12V sockets (front & rear)
- Dual USB socket for rear passengers
- Tilt & Telescopic steering adjust
- Max power: 90bhp 3200rpm
- Peak torque: 250Nm 2400rpm
- Length: 4116mm
- Width: 1812mm
- Height: 2075mm
- Wheelbase: 2400mm
- Ground clearance: 210mm
- Water wading (depth): 700mm
- Gradeability: 35degree
- Turning circle: 5.65 meters
- Windscreen bar
- Roof carrier
- Rear ladder
- Roof rails
- Alloy wheels & AT tyres
- Rear side-facing child seats
The production version of the Gurkha looks similar to the concept SUV showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, there are a few changes right up front starting with the new grille bearing the Gurkha moniker.
Looking at the off-roader from the side, we can notice the 3-door layout with a large window for rear passengers and a side step for easy ingress and egress. The Gurkha comes with 16-inch steel wheels as standard, which can be upgraded to alloys right from the factory as part of the accessories package.
The rear of the SUV also gets a few changes starting with a new taillamp design and a new bumper featuring parking sensors. It continues to come with a tailgate-mounted spare wheel, which adds to the rugged looks.
Interior, Features & Technology
Force Motors has given the new off-roader revamped interiors starting with new seats and upholstery. It continues to be 4-seater with all seats facing forward.
Engine, Transmission & Dimensions
The Force Gurkha continues to be powered by a 2.6-Litre turbo-diesel engine paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. However, it also carries forward all other off-road mechanicals such as 4WD with a low ratio gearbox, manual front and rear locking differentials and a raised air-intake for water wading capabilities.
Accessories & Warranty
Force Motors is also offering several accessories to personalize the Gurkha right from the factory. This includes:
Regarding warranty, The off-road SUV is offered with a warranty for 3 years/1,50,000km. The company is also offering RSA included in the warranty as well. As the dealer network is yet to expand in India, the company is also offering pick-up and drop facilities for service.
Thoughts About The 2021 Force Gurkha BS6 Officially Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch
After a wait of over a year, Force Motors has finally unveiled the production version of the 2021 Gurkha off-road SUV. The new model comes with a host of changes inside and out, which makes it an appealing package over its predecessor. However, will it be enough to compete with the Mahindra Thar and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny? We will know once the prices are announced for the new Force Gurkha.