- 8 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 14 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Finance Auto and Media Stock To Buy From Broking Firm Sharekhan For Good Gains
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Force Motors finally reveals the launch date of the 2021 Force Gurkha set on September 15, 2021. The BS6 off-road SUV will feature a cleaner engine, updated styling and safety along with a host of new features.
The company was expected to launch the SUV sometime in the last year. However, the Covid-19 pandemic has delayed the launch plans by over 18 months from its first showcase at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The Gurkha BS6 will be powered by an updated 2.6-litre diesel four-cylinder engine. It dishes out 89bhp and a peak torque 260Nm of torque; mated to a standard five-speed gearbox with power sent to all four wheels using a transfer case.
The off-road SUV will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-ratio gearbox to tackle difficult terrains. The SUV will continue to feature a factory-fitted snorkel air-intake as well.
Coming to the exterior changes, Force Motors has made several design updates to the upcoming Gurkha. From the front, the SUV receives a new fascia with a reworked grille, new headlamps with integrated LED DRLs flanked on either side of the grille and a new front bumper design.
From the side, the SUV continues to feature its boxy design of the SUV has been retained giving it a rugged stance. Adding to the off-road SUV looks is the all-around body cladding, revised taillamps, tail-gate mounted spare tyre, reworked rear bumper and protective scuff plates at either end.
The interiors of the new Gurkha features heavily updated interiors. The off-roader will be receiving a new touchscreen infotainment system that will be placed at the centre of the dashboard. It will also get a new instrument cluster with a MID display flanked on either side by two analogue dials.
Other features that are expected on the inside include individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well, climate control on top-spec trims, mobile charging ports and more.
The BS6 Gurkha will continue to feature the same seating layout with four forward-facing seats in the first and second row. Two more seats facing each other are present in the SUV's boot.
Force Motors will also be offering a host of optional factory-fitted accessories, that are tried and tested for use by the company. Some of the accessories on offer will include a thick windshield brace bar, luggage carrier mounted on the roof and side step for easy ingress and egress.
Force Motors is expected to price the Gurkha starting at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom. The company is expected to offer the Gurkha in two variants with the top-spec featuring all the bells and whistles.
The Gurkha, once launched, will pick up the battle against the only other off-road SUV offering in the country at a similar price point, the Mahindra Thar. However, both SUVs will soon be joined by the Maruti Suzuki Jimny — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The New Force Gurkha BS6 India Launch On September 15
Force Motors is finally set to launch the much-awaited Gurkha BS6 off-roader in India this month. In the past, the SUV has made a name for itself by winning the 2016 Rain Forest Challenge — India's toughest rally competition.