- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Sports IPL 2021: Lasith Malinga recalls time with four-time champions Mumbai Indians
- News Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt over record COVID-19 vaccinations
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
The 2021 Land Rover Discovery has been listed on the official website. The new, updated Land Rover Discovery will be available in India sooner than we expected, as JLR has listed the updated version of Discovery on its Indian website even before its launch. The website also lists out the details such as specifications and available features across all its variants.
From the exterior, it is difficult to notice the changes, but the changes are visible while doing a side-by-side comparison with the previous model. The update includes a refreshed grille, slimmer LED headlamps with an updated DRL pattern.
On the rear, the change is more pronounced as the two tail lamps are now connected by a gloss-black panel to accentuate the width of the car. The interior receives an update in the form of JLR's latest PIVI Pro infotainment system. The new PIVI Pro infotainment system runs on a massive 11.4" touch screen system powered by a pair of Snapdragon processors.
Other changes include a conventional-looking gear selector that replaces the rotary-type gear selector-which used to welcome the user by gently rising up. The new infotainment system and electronics are an integral part of ‘futureproofing' plans from JLR by enabling the users to use next-generation driver assistance systems and over-the-air updates.
Powering the upcoming Land Rover Discovery is a range of engines taken from the Range Rover Sport but the update also brings a new 2.0-litre turbocharged engine capable of producing 296hp and 400Nm of torque.
For India, we will get the aforementioned P300 petrol engine, P360-a 3.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine capable of 355bhp and 500Nm, and D300-a 3.0-litre diesel engine with mild-hybrid technology capable of 296bhp and 650Nm.
All engines will come mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission as standard and will feature a host of electronic driver-aids for on-road and off-road driving. The Highlighting features include a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, 360-degree camera, 4-Zone climate control, air purifier and heated seats.
The new Land Rover Discovery is also packed with top-tier safety features such as 8-airbags, adaptive cruise control, park assist, driver condition monitoring and wade sensing. The variants currently listed on the JLR website are S, SE, HSE, R-Dynamic S, R-Dynamic SE, and R-Dynamic HSE.
Thoughts On the New 2021 Land Rover Discovery Being Listed On The Indian Website
The new Land Rover Discovery's updates are part of JLR's move to use their latest PIVI Pro infotainment system and new electronics suite to future proof their line-up. This is a clever move from JLR to sustain their business without investing a lot of money in developing completely new models. This has been combined with a few minor exterior updates to give us the 2021 model.