- 45 min ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 1 hr ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Motorcycle Prototype Ready; Launch Delayed Due To COVID-19
- News Explained: Aimed at small firms, what is Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Amendment Bill 2021?
- Finance Earn Rs 5 Lakh For Giving A Name, Tagline & Logo For This Govt. Institution: Here’s How
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Confesses He Was Envious Of Saif Ali Khan During The Shoot Of Omkara Because Of THIS Reason!
- Technology Apple iPad Mini 6, iPad Air 9th Gen Features Leaked; Expected Specs, Launch Details
- Education Kerala Plus Two Result 2021: Check VHSE And DHSE Plus Two Result 2021 Links
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Badminton; Sai Praneeth's campaign ends
- Lifestyle Brown Jacket Dress Or Lime Green Bodycon Dress, Which Dress Of Kriti Sanon Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Natrax test track is now Asia's longest high-speed test track. The track is built on a 1000-Acre land in Pithampur near Indore and has been developed by the National Automotive Test Tracks (Natrax).
The High-speed testing track was inaugurated recently by Union Minister Prakash Javadekar. The test track is oval-shaped and consists of four lanes and is 11.3 kilometres long and 16-metres wide.
According to Natrax, the newly inaugurated high-speed test track has been designed to test for neutral speeds upto 250km/h and the curves are designed for speeds of up to 375km/h. Due to the unique low angle of banking on the curves, testing of vehicles can be conducted more safely.
This high-speed test track is set to become a boon for the country's automotive industry as manufacturers don't have to rely on foreign resources to test their vehicles. At the same time the Natrax testing facility will also generate a considerable amount of revenue from bring rented out for tests.
According to sources, the facility has already attracted many OEM's interest for testing their upcoming vehicles as the track is capable of testing the performance of a wide range of vehicles which include two-wheelers, four-wheelers, and commercial vehicles.
The high-speed test track facilitates a number of vehicle testing maneuvers including braking runs, high-speed runs, mileage runs, high-speed handling, coast down, stability tests, moose test, etc.
Besides these, the facility can also be used to host automotive launch events, dealer events, and could even be used for motorsport events.
Being the longest test track in Asia, it wouldn't be surprising if you find a couple of supercars in the parking lot or doing high-speed tests on the track. That being said, this high-speed facility will be a boon for Indian manufacturers as well as vehicles built for India, as it will provide the respective engineers with valuable data which could help further improve the product in many ways.