- Finance This IPO Stock Has Risen 1600% Since Its Listing In Just 2 Years
- Movies Sherlyn Chopra Files Complaint Against Raj Kundra, Shilpa Shetty For Fraud & Harassment
- News Top Lashkar commander trapped in Pulwama
- Technology AMX XP60 PD Charger Hands-On Review: One-Stop Solution For All Your Charging Needs
- Sports Rumour Has It: Madrid eye Lewandowski and Pogba as Barca chase Man City's Sterling
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Date, Time, Puja Muhurat, Rituals, Vrat Vidhi And Significance
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
- Travel Navratri Weekend Getaways In And Around Bangalore
The Natrax test track is now Asia's longest high-speed test track. The track is built on a 1000-Acre land in Pithampur near Indore and has been developed by the National Automotive Test Tracks (Natrax).
The High-speed testing track was inaugurated recently by Union Minister Prakash Javadekar. The test track is oval-shaped and consists of four lanes and is 11.3 kilometres long and 16-metres wide.
According to Natrax, the newly inaugurated high-speed test track has been designed to test for neutral speeds upto 250km/h and the curves are designed for speeds of up to 375km/h. Due to the unique low angle of banking on the curves, testing of vehicles can be conducted more safely.
This high-speed test track is set to become a boon for the country's automotive industry as manufacturers don't have to rely on foreign resources to test their vehicles. At the same time the Natrax testing facility will also generate a considerable amount of revenue from bring rented out for tests.
According to sources, the facility has already attracted many OEM's interest for testing their upcoming vehicles as the track is capable of testing the performance of a wide range of vehicles which include two-wheelers, four-wheelers, and commercial vehicles.
The high-speed test track facilitates a number of vehicle testing maneuvers including braking runs, high-speed runs, mileage runs, high-speed handling, coast down, stability tests, moose test, etc.
Besides these, the facility can also be used to host automotive launch events, dealer events, and could even be used for motorsport events.
Being the longest test track in Asia, it wouldn't be surprising if you find a couple of supercars in the parking lot or doing high-speed tests on the track. That being said, this high-speed facility will be a boon for Indian manufacturers as well as vehicles built for India, as it will provide the respective engineers with valuable data which could help further improve the product in many ways.