- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 17 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 21 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan And Akshay Kumar's Throwback Picture From Dil To Pagal Hai Sets Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Technology Flipkart Back To Collage Sale: Laptops, Headphones, Education Tabs, Bluetooth Speakers And More
- News Has Rahul Gandhi got himself vaccinated? BJP hits back
- Finance Auto Component Suppliers To See 70% Dip In Operating Profits In Q1 Due To COVID Restrictions: Icra
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha And Sunny Leone’s Crop Top And Pants Combo Make For The Best Outfits For Job Interviews
- Sports UEFA has no plans to move Euro 2020 semi-finals and final from Wembley
- Education Indian Navy Admit Card 2021 For SSR And AR Released, Download At joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highway (MoRTH) has extended the validity of the CNG vehicle documents in the country. A Leakage document is needed for the legal operation of the CNG vehicles. The government has now extended the validity of the document due to the ongoing Covid-19 lockdown.
The CNG Leakage documents that are expiring between February 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021, are now valid until June 30, 2021. CNG vehicles sales are gradually growing in numbers in the country.
These vehicles will be fitted with a CNG tank in petrol cars. The use of CNG aids in better fuel efficacy in petrol-powered engines.
However, due to the aftermarket fitment on some vehicles, there is a need for safe use of such vehicles. The CNG Leakage document ensures that the tank is inspected to correct fitment and use and avoid any mishap in future.
The government had also issued an extension on the validity of other vehicle documents. This includes the driver's licence, vehicle fitness certificate and registration certificate. All these documents that are expiring between February 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021, are now valid till the end of June this year.
The extension has been announced due to the recent wake of Covid-19 cases in certain parts of the country. The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has affected the day-to-day lives and processes. A majority of states and cities have issued a lockdown to curb the spread of the deadly virus.
Due to the lockdown, most government offices remain non-operational in the country. Any documents getting expired in these times cannot be renewed. As a result, the government has decided to extend the validity of these documents to provide peace of mind during these testing times.
Apart from the extension of vehicle documents, a majority of automakers have announced multiple relief measures during the pandemic. This includes an extension on the vehicle free service period and vehicle warranty.
However, some manufacturer has gone the extra mile and announced an extension on paid service packages, Road-Side Assistance packages and extended warranty packages as well. Companies are also offering 24X7 support to help customers in distress during the lockdown.
Thoughts About MoRTH Extending Validity Of CNG Leakage Document Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Due to the non-operational Road Transportation Offices (RTOs) in states and cities, the government has decided to increase the validity of vehicles documents in the country. This should help motorists to legally use the vehicles and renew the documents at a later date.