- 5 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Movies Meet Actress Nisha Rawal Tests Positive For COVID-19; Requests Fans To Take Precautions
- News Rajinikanth admitted to Chennai hospital for ‘routine check-up’
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Sports Narender enters pre-quarters at the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i With Dimensity 810 5G SoC, 90Hz Display Officially Announced; Price, Full Specifications
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highway (MoRTH) has extended the validity of the CNG vehicle documents in the country. A Leakage document is needed for the legal operation of the CNG vehicles. The government has now extended the validity of the document due to the ongoing Covid-19 lockdown.
The CNG Leakage documents that are expiring between February 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021, are now valid until June 30, 2021. CNG vehicles sales are gradually growing in numbers in the country.
These vehicles will be fitted with a CNG tank in petrol cars. The use of CNG aids in better fuel efficacy in petrol-powered engines.
However, due to the aftermarket fitment on some vehicles, there is a need for safe use of such vehicles. The CNG Leakage document ensures that the tank is inspected to correct fitment and use and avoid any mishap in future.
The government had also issued an extension on the validity of other vehicle documents. This includes the driver's licence, vehicle fitness certificate and registration certificate. All these documents that are expiring between February 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021, are now valid till the end of June this year.
The extension has been announced due to the recent wake of Covid-19 cases in certain parts of the country. The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has affected the day-to-day lives and processes. A majority of states and cities have issued a lockdown to curb the spread of the deadly virus.
Due to the lockdown, most government offices remain non-operational in the country. Any documents getting expired in these times cannot be renewed. As a result, the government has decided to extend the validity of these documents to provide peace of mind during these testing times.
Apart from the extension of vehicle documents, a majority of automakers have announced multiple relief measures during the pandemic. This includes an extension on the vehicle free service period and vehicle warranty.
However, some manufacturer has gone the extra mile and announced an extension on paid service packages, Road-Side Assistance packages and extended warranty packages as well. Companies are also offering 24X7 support to help customers in distress during the lockdown.
Thoughts About MoRTH Extending Validity Of CNG Leakage Document Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Due to the non-operational Road Transportation Offices (RTOs) in states and cities, the government has decided to increase the validity of vehicles documents in the country. This should help motorists to legally use the vehicles and renew the documents at a later date.